Dwarven Forge Terrain Collector Catalog

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Dwarven Forge Terrain Collector Catalog

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:35 pm

I'll see if I can upload some set pics in the next few days, assuming I can figure out how to do it.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Awesome! Good to see great minds coming together. Hopefully this will build momentum as more people contribute to it. Let me know if there is anything I can or need to do since I created the page. I assume it's wide open for anyone to edit, but let me know and I can make some people "official" editors, admins, etc.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:51 pm

ebrandeis wrote:Ok folks, go wild:
http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia

I created only the most basic concept and structure for this, so please think carefully about how to organize the information.

My initial thought is that pages should be organized by Material->Year Released->Theme->Set

e.g.
  • Resin
      • Catacombs
        • Catacombs I
  • Dwarvenite
      • Dungeon Tiles
        • Set 1
        • Set 2
        • Etc.
      • Caverns
      • Dungeon Tiles
        • Narrow Passages
        • Dungeon Passages

Very cool!

Here's my .02 Lupins...

Not sure how org/sort/tagging options might work in the wiki, but perhaps swapping the year and theme?

So:

Resin --> theme --> set --> piece type
E.g.
Resin --> ROTA --> ROTA 2 --> double door

Etc, etc.

This allows me to drill down into a theme, rather than having to guess what year a set was released... We can maybe provide year along with other details about each set in that specific set entry.

Now if i just had some pics to provide. Oh, wait, i do have sample Woodland pieces here with me at the hotel... Ok, something to do tomorrow night.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Not an expert at the older stuff, but you may want to put date later - seems like the same set may have been made in different years (ie with bowties and without) so would it make sense to have the date lower in the heirarchy and then note changes for those years (not sure if set configurations changed...)

Search is working infuriatingly, but i managed to find this anyway:

http://www.dwarvenforge.info/dwarven%20forge/DF1.htm

that is a great start on doing a comprehensive overview
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Ok folks, go wild:
http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia

I created only the most basic concept and structure for this, so please think carefully about how to organize the information.

My initial thought is that pages should be organized by Material->Year Released->Theme->Set

e.g.
  • Resin
      • Catacombs
        • Catacombs I
  • Dwarvenite
      • Dungeon Tiles
        • Set 1
        • Set 2
        • Etc.
      • Caverns
      • Dungeon Tiles
        • Narrow Passages
        • Dungeon Passages

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:46 pm

pacarat wrote:I for one would love to see some kind of picture catalog of every unique piece from every set (resin and dwarvenite) ever released. So much is no longer shown on web site, and so many of the older posts pics are gone...

Think Lost Wiki of DF.
I know I suggested this a few months ago as well, but I don't know how to do a Wiki or I would have started it. Does anyone here know how? We could populate it probably without much needed from DF themselves, so they could focus on post-KS things.

I had a few people send me pictures of all of the released sets and many of the stock numbers when I recently was inventorying, so I could help with that. (Thanks for your help, everyone that sent me info!)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:58 pm

I for one would love to see some kind of picture catalog of every unique piece from every set (resin and dwarvenite) ever released. So much is no longer shown on web site, and so many of the older posts pics are gone...

Think Lost Wiki of DF.

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Your work is unsung and awesome. A "catalog" listing pieces and what sets they come in would be truly awesome. Additionally, if it could pull up a picture of the piece as well? Don't know how to do it myself but if taught, I could help do this....

BaitSauce
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaitSauce » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:28 pm

I was going to comment earlier, but just got my account activated today. Your calculator helped immensely, and thanks for including Canada and International backers into consideration for shipping costs. I still don't know what my total pledge will be but this helped me figure out a ballpark area that'll land on.

Widowmaker
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Widowmaker » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 am

I am working on a new tool for the Excel sheet. It is called the "Building Construction Tool" and it allows you enter the type and number of buildings you would like to use in a setup. It will tell you if you own the necessary pieces. It is designed to help you balance your final purchase when the Pledge Manager goes live.
There are instructions on the "Building Construction Tool" sheet but if anything is unclear please let me know. It is a work in progress and there may be errors so use at your own risk.

I am planning on adding several features including:

User assignable use of Terracotta/Slate half-roof for either Tudor or Stone
Quick reference list of your interchangeable pieces such as Stairwell floors vs. Trap Door floors

I can add other building types/shapes but I'll only do so if I get at least 5 requests for that particular design. I ask that you give me a list of the pieces and quantities needed for construction. As soon as I get 4 additional +1s, I'll add it to the tool as best I can.

Error reporting and your ideas are super helpful so don't be shy... get involved if you are using this tool. The DF community is awesome and I could really use your help.