KSIII Grab-bag minis

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KSIII Grab-bag minis

Post by GODofwar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 pm

I went to the link and saw the kirrex, wasn't that impressed - but with Ratman aboard, it's cool.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Here is the ratman rider on a Kirrix

https://m.flickr.com/photos/9975128@N05 ... 875385574/

He probably will need a pin, some glue, or blue-tack
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:53 pm

I wonder if the Rat that is posed to ride would work on one of my new Pathfinder Kirrex figures. The figure is big and would make the Rat Rider clearly a leader of some sort.

Course, I am not expecting one so I will have to "buy" one to find out.

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:23 am

Most of the mini's are prominent citizens of Valoria which will be in our fabled Module which we are still working on....there are actually 2 adventures we at Dwarven Forge are working on...one is called "The tapestry of deceit" and the other much longer and more elaborate is called "Agents of Evil" I apologise for the delay! Tapestry will be out in a week or two as a PDF...it utilises the City builder terrain!

The man with the mask is actually a Valorian sewer warden charged with maintenance of the vast complex of sewers below...it is an extremely dangerous occupation of course and only the most sturdy and bravest in Valoria are up to the task. The Fabled Wardens are very few and seldom seen, although some eventually retire to grand houses on the north hill. It is a tight knit brotherhood. In the Mythra Campaign one can actually play a Sewer Warden, if you have the strength and constitution that is....

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Are the grab bags really random? I thought people were getting the same sets depending on pledge level.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:44 am

I LOVE the grab bag minis. I love the minis in general, but the grab bag ones are a ton of fun. Yeah, I wish those of us who ordered the monster sewer got something slightly more impressive the rat -- I happen to not be crazy about giant rats. The croc would make sense, but I'm not crazy about crocs either, so it wouldn't have been my favorite.

I do wish the "rat rider" came with a mount, because having the random grab bag distribution means you might end up with what I did -- a rider and no cockroach for him! He can't quite ride the horse from the Wicked City set, either. (I tried!) Ah well, he can straddle a wall or something.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh sorry if it isn't clear by my word choice. I think it's a great stretch goal! Had I known how awesome it was I'd have gone up to Empire for it. MUCHO PRAISE. That's all I meant.

I do hope they come available. I will give transact for them in the customary way in your "America": an exchange of currency for goods or services rendered.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:46 pm

I agree the two-headed croc would have been good for the sewers. And since it was being made anyway, I cannot understand the common rat.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:59 pm

I don't see a problem with the mini grab bag assortments being proportionate (in qty and type) to the pledge level that was pledged. Makes sense to me and not really a surprise. Personally, I am glad it isn't totally random as it would suck to be an Empire pledge supporter and find out all of the two headed crocks wen't out randomly with the early shipments, so you get four "extra" guys holding a stein. :cry:

Be not angered that a Rose may prick you with thorns. Be grateful to the thorns for gifting you with Roses. - Or something like that. Then again if the glass really were half full, the liquid would be at the top. (The curse of being a Romantic Cynic)

I think re-releasing these as part of a module is an awesome idea.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:53 pm

I might be remembering wrong, but I think I recall hearing that free standing walls were difficult to produce because of cost vs what you actually get. I believe I have also heard that DF hasn't been moving as many minis from the store as terrain... which is unfortunate. I want to buy more, I need to make more money! I suppose it is a better problem for me that there is more than I can afford rather than less than I can buy and want.