KSIII Grab-bag minis

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KSIII Grab-bag minis

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:21 pm

I too assumed we would get one random mini from what we had already been offered (guards, ratmen, villagers). I am excited that we get new and different but disturbed that they do not seem to be random. I do feel it is wrong that they will not be available to purchase. I have said before but will repeat that i feel the sewer mini should have been more noteworthy (like the 2 headed croc).

They did a LOT right on this KS, but i think the minis thing is kinda missing - too bad it was one of the exciting things we were all looking forward to.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:03 pm

I was thinking it was going to be a random sampling from the villagers, guards, and rats. Hard to describe the smile when I found those Crocs in the goody bag. I am convinced that they are exactly what you can find in the Sewers of New York ;)

Hopefully, DF will find a way to sell more of these in the future.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Audles wrote:As weird as it sounds, had I known Empire would have had a huge pile of random pre-painted one-of-a-kind minis I probably would have gone up to Empire. I'm trying not to be jealous!
I thought it sounded like it would be a random draw from the existing minis (city guards, townsfolk, ratmen). OK, I ASSUMED, and we all know that means... ;-)

Thank you, Dwarven Forge!!!
Yeah, that was my assumption too. It wasn't overly clear in the update, but those were some pretty chaotic last few days. It's a damn fine reward! I just hope they're available later since they have the molds already. But if we're judging by free-standing walls...

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Audles wrote:As weird as it sounds, had I known Empire would have had a huge pile of random pre-painted one-of-a-kind minis I probably would have gone up to Empire. I'm trying not to be jealous!
I thought it sounded like it would be a random draw from the existing minis (city guards, townsfolk, ratmen). OK, I ASSUMED, and we all know that means... ;-)

Historically promo pieces had been sold with some of the resin sets, but from what I have seen those were advertised as limited edition promo pieces.

KS1 had the free standing walls and a limited edition painted version of the Chamber of Sorrows. Did KS2 have anything like that?

In all honesty I cannot say that I WOULD have changed my pledge, but I can say that it would have been a consideration.

Anyway... I am very happy with my Village and plethora of add-ons. :-) My friends and I will get many many awesome gaming hours from them!

Thank you, Dwarven Forge!!!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:06 pm

+1

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:59 pm

As weird as it sounds, had I known Empire would have had a huge pile of random pre-painted one-of-a-kind minis I probably would have gone up to Empire. I'm trying not to be jealous!

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Post by Teulisch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:58 pm

my sewers had a rat with 2 wounds on its back, my village had a rat, a dwarven smith, and a bearded man with a mug.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

mazesmonsters
Kobold
Kobold

Post by mazesmonsters » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:47 pm

lostpict wrote:The Empire set plus a huge pile of everything else.
I'm feeling a little disappointed then... I got the Capital City, Imperial Streets, and the Monster Sewer, and all I saw were three villagers, one ratman, and a rat on all fours. :( I was kind of hoping the mystery sewer monster would be substantial. Not to mention one of my streets was missing a grate.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanjs for the "plague mask" tip. I found this on the Web Image

I bet the Lord High Undertaker needs a mask like that!
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Post by tattooedtoad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Does anyone know if the type of base pledge determines what grab bag one gets I couldn't afford much more then hamlet and all the add ons :cry: but I'm really hoping to get the two headed crock and I too have not gotten shipment notice