KS4 - Non-Castle add-ons / pieces

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
Smogma
Orc
Orc

Re: KS4 - Non-Castle add-ons / pieces

Post by Smogma » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:48 pm

I just thought of another KS1 Dungeon Passage Piece we need:

"Secret Door" Passage Piece.

Requested Passage Pieces:
1. Curved / Angled Passage Piece
2. Dead End Passage
3. Narrow Dead End Passage
4. LED / Lighted Passage w/torch
5. "Secret Door" Passage

jcgjcg
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jcgjcg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:02 pm

My top wants are:

* Double door for Dungeon
* LED lighted Dungeon walls, both room walls and passages
* Magnetic Dungeon room walls
* Thatched Roofs for City Builder
* Docks
* Mine tracks/carts
* A 4 corner post for City Builder without slots for walls, that would hold 4 floor tiles together and provide support for a floor above, but not be as large as having four singles together. e.g. it would be thinner and shaped like a column ][ (bonus points for it being magnetic so things could be hung from it)
* Or even better.... A tudor/wooden support beam insert that could go between two wall slots that would be 1, 2, or 3 floor tiles wide and could support the floor above it. Picture the archway from watercaverns except much wider, made out of wood, and designed to fit into posts on the ends (or be the posts). This would allow for very open first floor layouts while providing support for the floors above. (e.g. how many real-life houses are actually built...)

Castle is certainly cool, and I'm looking forward to getting a nice big tower; but for my RPG sessions I think the above items would get more use then a full size castle.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:58 am

Curse you Josh. Is it bean or is it not a bean?

I'm hungry! I'll take it as a bean!

...I'm still hungry.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 am

Fun little fact:
There is no evidence that iron maidens were invented in the Middle Ages or even used for torture. Instead they were pieced together in the 18th century from several artifacts found in museums in order to create spectacular objects intended for (commercial) exhibition.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-iron-maiden- ... 1679890520
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

frank weaver
Goblin
Goblin

Post by frank weaver » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:05 am

I'd like to see a Water Mill wheel and a Wind Wheel to go with the City Builder. Also Magnetic Window Dormers and Bay Windows.

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:46 pm

I imagine there is cross-over appeal for some Castle pieces, even if someone doesn't want "Castles". Perhaps you have a "Castles Wicked Addition" for a 'castle dungeon'/torture chamber, consisting of things like: a rack, iron maiden, a cage, etc. I'm sure pieces like these would fit nicely in a 'Dungeon dungeon' as well.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:35 pm

dice4hire wrote:I am hoping not to see wholesale copying of older resin stuff. New is better, and stuff never covered in resin (or any material) by DF is best.
There's far too much new stuff for any copying of old stuff. Maybe down the line it could be worth it to look at older pieces - who knows at this point - but the focus right now is Castles and there's a lot to any good castle build.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:59 pm

I am hoping not to see wholesale copying of older resin stuff. New is better, and stuff never covered in resin (or any material) by DF is best.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Smogma wrote: ...

"Stand out" pieces (like mermaid fountains and demon archways) as so *specific* that they lack usefulness (in my opinion). In that given scenario, I think I would end up trading all my theoretical 'mermaid fountains' for simpler pieces that (I personally perceive as more versatile) like curved passages.

Perhaps a long wall with an opening that an insert will fit in. Out of the box it can just be an open "T" intersection, but maybe it can also accept inserts...
Perhaps in the form of such things as:
1) a regular door
2) a cell door
3) a demon door,
4) a (mermaid) fountain,
5) a sarcophagus
6) a cave in
7) an alcove
8) a trap
9) a wall with a table
10) a bookcase
11) a secret door
12) a bookcase secret door
13) a tapestry or curtain
14) a wall with a shelf
15) a plain wall
or whatever else one's imagination can create...
The piece is suddenly modular and thus more flexible/desirable.

Maybe it works kinda like CBS... a piece slides in... The piece that slides in might have parts that stick into the "hallway" and even extend in front of the wall on either side... So a "fountain" could be wider than the gap, but the gap is filled by a wall that the "fountain" is attached to... Here is a simplistic concept drawing...

piece concept.jpg
piece concept.jpg (267.37 KiB) Viewed 6159 times

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Agreed. That's one of the huge benefits of DF -- the modular system means that people can modify the design to whatever they want. Even if you have limited use for a piece, you aren't forced to use it every time, you can save it for special encounters.

I would probably be more interested in the utility pieces if I were gaming with these, but I primarily use them for display. I haven't had time for an actual game in years and years. As a result, I like to showcase grand confrontations more, despite the fact that they are unique.

(I also cop to being a munchkin, even in my forties -- to me, a game should have as many encounters with dragons, relics, prismatic spheres, and planar beings as possible -- kobolds are dull and should be dispatched in the alley behind the inn where the adventure got started, never to be seen again!)

(I may have exaggerated slightly for comic effect, but, then, that's kinda the point, innit?)