Paint match question Dungeon tiles and walls

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Yacker

Re: Paint match question Dungeon tiles and walls

Post by Yacker » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks gang

Had an account a long time ago but lost it all in the shuffle so starting new again.

Turns out the Olive Drybrush was what I needed after all.
I just needed to brush it a little thicker for a true dry brush and the color is pretty much deadon to the old tiles. A little difference but not enough that I could not mix match them.

The unpainted DF has gotten me back into the DF game of building up my terrain collection again.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 pm

Same for me. I try to read and look at everything, but sometimes I just have to mark the forums read to see only newer stuff.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:40 am

Yacker wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:40 pm
So I have a few resin classic dungeon sets and I am starting to use more dwarvenite as I have young kids.

No issue using the video instructions for caverns as they come close to the resin painted ones but dungeons is another story.

I am being shown to use base gray to start but this seems pretty dark for dungeon tiles and walls to match the color of the classic resin sets.

Does the olive over top create that light grey green look that well ?

It does not need to be exact but it would be nice if I could get it kinda close to the classic look.

I do realise that the new look for dungeons has more of a block look than stone but it would be nice to get the color close.

Any advice??
Yack
Hey Yack - Welcome to the Forums!!!

i'm a little late - i'm WAY behind at keeping up with the posts - i can remember when there were 10 posts a day and you could read them all in just a few minutes... now it is like the old Yogi Berra line "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" - somedays i just take a day off because the amount of posts is overwhelming ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Yacker

Post by Yacker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:03 am

thanks AnimeSensei

I remember seeing this years ago and forgot about it.

Let me try the yellow and grey mix (drybrush) on a single floor tile as a test as I think the olive dry brush will be too green and dark to match the more older look of DF stuff. Going to have to play around and mark down the portions once I am happy with the tone.

Like I said it does not have to be perfect but I love to mix and match my stuff and if I can get the formula semi close then I should be good to go forward with more unpainted Dwarvenite sets and pieces.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm

While not a perfect guide, this old thread may be of help.

The first page I'm linking has the pictures; they were broken in a forum relaunch a few years back, so look at the pictures and then go back to page 1 for the step-by-step.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6070&start=30#p158382
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Yacker

Paint match question Dungeon tiles and walls

Post by Yacker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:40 pm

So I have a few resin classic dungeon sets and I am starting to use more dwarvenite as I have young kids.

No issue using the video instructions for caverns as they come close to the resin painted ones but dungeons is another story.

I am being shown to use base gray to start but this seems pretty dark for dungeon tiles and walls to match the color of the classic resin sets.

Does the olive over top create that light grey green look that well ?

It does not need to be exact but it would be nice if I could get it kinda close to the classic look.

I do realise that the new look for dungeons has more of a block look than stone but it would be nice to get the color close.

Any advice??
Yack

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”