IMPORTANT REQUEST re: KS 3 inventory plans

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: IMPORTANT REQUEST re: KS 3 inventory plans

Post by kitenerd » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:36 am

No they haven't offered previous KS items during the PM before. This time however they actually have several items that are OUT OF STOCK. In order to restock, they need to pull the molds and run a certain minimum quantity. Getting some orders in PM would help defray the cost of restocking these out of stock items, hence making them available again.

I don't see much incentive for DF to offer the KS1 deal in the PM. I do think that they would be well served to someday add a variety pack of Dungeon Tiles to their store offering (A few regular tiles plus doors, narrow doors, a couple curved walls and a couple of diagonal walls, maybe some free standing walls and perhaps even a pair of pillars). This would get the entry point buyer a chance to play with something other than the basic 4 tiles (and would likely lead to sales of curved/diagonal wall packs as they are addicting to play with). For People who already have a lot of dungeon tiles, it would still offer a fun injection of new pieces (and the only way to buy freestanding walls).
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:17 am

I think someone has their quote codes out of whack. :D

I am less interested in them offering older sets, as I feel those could be purchased from the store. I am, however, interested in seeing what other opportunities will come up for this KS. I was caught off guard, presently of course, by the Ice Caverns last time. It was something fun and different and wonderful.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 am

GODofwar wrote:Kitenerd said:

"I also really hope that they use the PM phase to offer Painted Curved Dungeon Walls. I passed on those 2 years ago and need to add some to my collection ;) Maybe i couldn't live without them after all.
"

Has DwF ever offered items from previous KS during the PM phase?

The Least Weasel

Totus KS Delendum Est[/quote]

No
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Kitenerd said:

"I also really hope that they use the PM phase to offer Painted Curved Dungeon Walls. I passed on those 2 years ago and need to add some to my collection ;) Maybe i couldn't live without them after all.[/quote]"

Has DwF ever offered items from previous KS during the PM phase?

The Least Weasel

Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:29 pm

[quote="kitenerd"] In the end i talked myself down from the ledge and convinced myself to WAY overspend (a luxury not available to everyone, i recognize that). It will take me a year to pay of the CC charges (probably eating up the KS saving and maybe even the shipping cost savings, but i am in denial about the reality)."

Kitenerd, elsewhere I posted an analysis that suggests at least at bank rates the interest still makes KS a better deal than waiting!

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

teazia
Goblin
Goblin

Post by teazia » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Dan, that is an interesting observation at the end.

Another option DF could pull off at this time is offer the KS1 and KS2 sets + stretch as an addon in the PM. They could offer the sets at 65, 75 or 85 (or w/e) and have them be a one price buy as you want. Logistically this would be pretty easy as they are already making bulk orders with the factory and sending out mass shipments to pledgers. It might make non backers upset (and the $1 backers) but it would be more scratch for DF.

Then again with the average of $916 per backer (with the $1 folks removed), the 2,574 backers may be tapped out, hehe.

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dandare » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:58 pm

I agree totally with Law.
I also want to add my voice and this comment to the list for DF to take note of my intent to purchase from the newly launched KS3 products.

I want to see plenty of KS3 in the stores after all the KS3 backers have their goods. (I do feel that KS backers should have some weeks / months of exclusivity as well as the 'en mass' bulk buy saving)
I (like others) found this an impracticable KS (too big to get enough of anything worth my while) but dearly want Sewers, sewers and more sewers.
I may even talk myself into buying a table load of the street sets if they are a reasonable price painted, I have plenty of pre-painted houses to plonk atop of those & they also work with my MBA sets.

If KS'ers become 'Once in a life-time' opportunities, then I feel (being frank) cheated.
I only backed KS1 so that other people (Those wise enough to be into our 'great and grand hobby') could from KS1 onwards buy 'affordable' 3D dungeon terrain from a company that shares our passion. If the stores are not well stocked with a healthy range of everything made & sold as part of each KS'er... Why on earth did I add money into the pot to get those first expensive metal moulds made ??

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:35 pm

I will say i sympathize with people who just "gave up." There was a sense that without all the toys, it just wasn't the same. Dungeons without curved walls, or chamber of sorrows worked perfect. Caverns without stalagmites, mushrooms, water or even elevation packs were still VERY cool. With City it was (IMHO) much harder to leave things on the table... each piece just seemed so much more integral to the whole that it became very hard to delay gratification on anything.

At several points in this KS i became so overwhelmed that i contemplated just getting sewers and battlements and watching from the sidelines. In the end i talked myself down from the ledge and convinced myself to WAY overspend (a luxury not available to everyone, i recognize that). It will take me a year to pay of the CC charges (probably eating up the KS saving and maybe even the shipping cost savings, but i am in denial about the reality). I am happy i did as i have a very cool (and pretty generous) slice of Valorian pie. DId i get it all? - not hardly. So i too hope that much of this remains in stock for many years to come.

I also really hope that they use the PM phase to offer Painted Curved Dungeon Walls. I passed on those 2 years ago and need to add some to my collection ;) Maybe i couldn't live without them after all.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

ldp
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ldp » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:00 pm

I agree with you Law, DF should keep everything they can in stock moving forward.

Not only will people want to build bigger, but needs change over time. What if you currently only expect to build villages, or small sections of cities now, but later have more room, or a different focus in a game and want larger sections, more sewers, or battlements?

It would be a shame not to have access to pieces you don't currently have a use for.

Lewis
Sir Lewis, errant knight of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah, that's just it -- there really shouldn't be a problem with the scope of the KS if we could simply expect that all the KS is a product launch. In other words, not the only opportunity to buy!

When toy companies go to Toy Fair in NY and show off their plans for the year, it's an entire year's worth of product being promoted. There's no implication that anyone is going to buy it all at once. This is a great new product line for DF, and I'm hoping they realize that there are real benefits to having it remain in the store so everyone can supplement their purchases. Insisting that this is going to look like the past two KS, where most people who wanted anything got it all during the KS, seems like a mistake to me.

A few points to notice:

- The pledge-per-backer was much higher this time around. Does that mean everyone got richer? No, it means that lots of people who couldn't afford that starter investment simply didn't pledge at all. Let them buy things later, at their own pace!

- How many people bought one of everything? I'm guessing almost nobody. But what does that mean? I haven't done a total on what it would cost to get one of every add-on plus an Empire set, but I know it's high. Assume that, even for someone willing to scale back to Village and pass on the Monster sets, you're still talking a huge investment. I hope DF looks at this data and asks themselves "does this mean people simply didn't want the sets they didn't pledge for? Or does it mean they couldn't afford them all at once, and would like to buy them later?"

- People who started with a more minimal set are going to want to add to it -- and so are people who pledged big! Even a massive investment -- $2500, say -- would not be enough to really go nuts. You'd have enough streets to cover your table, but only five or six small buildings, maybe. Or, if you want larger buildings, maybe only one or two. What if you want an armored keep, a cathedral, a town hall, and a large tavern? Really, there will be reasons for people to buy from the store even if they DID go large on the KS -- and again, most people didn't.

Really, not keeping this stuff around would be cruel.

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”