DF KS$ err, KS4 - Castle Kickstarter

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DF KS$ err, KS4 - Castle Kickstarter

Post by dice4hire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:05 pm

They sent me an email a few days ago to confirm the address and then sent me the shipping number and link Tuesday, saying it would be shipped yesterday. According to the tracking number it is on the way.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Douglas, how do you know your TC stuff is on the way?
Did they contact you when shipped or prior to?

I had a large order and have not heard a word yet.

Just wondering, Thanks :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:51 pm

With a heavy heart, I decided to take TC up on their "have someone else paint these" option. I just have too much stuff to paint already - and I'd rather have these done sooner rather than later. I'm just hoping the exchange goes my way by the time the painters get my order!

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Help me out. What is 'twisting catacombs' - I've obviously missed something.
The Least Weasel
Twisting Catacombs was a kickstarter for miniature dungeon scenery.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... on-scenery

Thanks, Vegomatic!

TLW
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:12 pm

My twisting order is shipping now and I might have it in a week or so. Hopefully.

As for KSIV, I have made several comments over on the KSIII KS page, but I am certainly looking forward to the KS, and hoping this KS is not as expensive to me as the last one was. I was good until August, when I more or less doubled my order.

Got my card paid off in October though, so I am happy about that, but that certainly hurts my will save some KSIV.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:02 pm

GODofwar wrote:

The Least Weasel
Twisting Catacombs was a kickstarter for miniature dungeon scenery.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... on-scenery

I got mine in a few weeks ago. Lots of good stuff... just need to find time to start cleaning it up and painting...

Last I heard was Zealot Miniatures is expecting to have these items in their on-line store in February, 2016.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Audles wrote:It'll be nice to have more painted dungeon dressing in dwarvenite. I'm still waiting for Twisting Catacombs, which will be GORGEOUS. But also not something you can just throw into a bag.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Audles wrote:It'll be nice to have more painted dungeon dressing in dwarvenite. I'm still waiting for Twisting Catacombs, which will be GORGEOUS. But also not something you can just throw into a bag.
No kidding, some of those are kind of intricate! I am very excited to get my spinning wheel though! Along with Johnny "Borg" Lauck's pewter stuff I will have a decent amount of stuff that can really dress a scene. I need to schedule some painting time with the wife to make a genuine dent in that stuff...

It would be quite a bit more number crunching and work for the fantastic dwarves at DF, but an option for addons to previous releases that would have some form of stretch goals would be pretty cool. The biggest challenge would be that you would have to pad minimum funding more to be truly safe, which would mean stretches wouldn't start as early. It might be offset by bigger buy in earlier on though, I'm just not sure there's anyway to guesstimate that with any reasonable accuracy.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:22 pm

It'll be nice to have more painted dungeon dressing in dwarvenite. I'm still waiting for Twisting Catacombs, which will be GORGEOUS. But also not something you can just throw into a bag.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:26 pm

I'm excited to hear about every part of this. Essentially I wasn't that excited about the lizardman wall pics. I can't say I was dismayed by them, they are pretty cool, but they just didn't do anything to jump out at me. I was going to get a MBA castle, but I am waiting to see what DF puts out. I was expecting modularity from DF, but I really wasn't expecting different looks. This latter aspect I can't get from MBA and has me very excited.

The additions to the caverns, dungeons and of course the city are all things that I was hoping for (and the city I was expecting). The dungeon dressings would be awesome.

~$~ (best attempt at flying money symbol).

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”