DF KS$ err, KS4 - Castle Kickstarter

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DF KS$ err, KS4 - Castle Kickstarter

Post by kitenerd » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:51 am

It would be very cool if they found a way to include Add-On backers in the stretch goal madness. Something like "Purchase any three add on sets and get the Torture Pack for free" "Purchase any six addons and you will receive the Throne Room pack in a special KS only paint scheme"

Of course both the Torture Pack and the Throne Room should be available for purchase.

I really like things that help me justify buying a little bit more. I am worried that as someone who is planning to participate in this one only for the add ons, i will feel like i missed out on the fun. Shopping i can do once the items are in the store.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:30 am

I am hopeful that there will be at least one pledge level that allows for getting addon goodies for the previous KS without the castle. I think that can help bring in backers that would otherwise shy away. That said, I am hopeful that I will find some way to afford doing the castle if it lives up to the hype. It probably will, Stefan hasn't disappointed me yet, I just think some part of me wants an excuse to save money!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:35 am

As excited as I am about castles, I think I may even be more excited about the possibility of new additions to the three prior KS!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

DF KS$ err, KS4 - Castle Kickstarter

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Stefan just posted this on the KS3 comments:

Stefan Pokorny, Zaltar of Valoria about 8 hours ago
We are working on the Castle elements as I write....DF office is full of "dwarves"...last years Castle design will probably be discarded for a newer better design...a waste of tens of thousands of dollars, I might add...but I was serious about perfection and am still serious about perfection...it will be perfect. Or at least the best that has ever been attempted in terms of beauty and modularity...YES, your existing crenelations will be usable in the upcoming castle....however, we are ALSO making bigger better ones...bigger curtain walls, bigger everything...and much of it will be backward compatible...I won't say all of it, but as much as possible, so be excited to see or building the future some really wild castle designs of strange shapes if one were to choose to do so...this is what is so marvelous about a modular castle of this extent...for one it can be many different castles or castle like structures in your world, not just one castle forever the same.............besides the castle, we also want to add stuff to the City and the Dungeons and the Caverns:) We want to get more backers back,and hope that some of the backers from the first kickstarter we did 3 years ago will come back for dungeon dressings...

I guess that means these teaser images are no longer valid?
aop5dz[1].jpg
aop5dz[1].jpg (79.84 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
s3pme1[1].jpg
s3pme1[1].jpg (112.55 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
dw3vgx[1].jpg
dw3vgx[1].jpg (97.39 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
My guess is that the change is due to CBS being more of a 4x4 grid than the 6x6 that the pics above use. The 4x4's just don't fit at all.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”