Kickstarter 3 Builds

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Kickstarter 3 Builds

Post by LordDust » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:27 pm

FattyLumpkin wrote:Oh, the single tower is my favorite pic! Keep the cats away from it ;)

Lord Dust, nice alternative to the Rusty Dragon Inn Bar. I'm going to seriously consider this as it really is over priced in all the outlets I can find...if it's even in stock.
One thing to remember, you can specify whether you want glassware or pewter for your barware in the notes if you order. I went with glassware since it is easier to source pewter or other opaque options.

It makes me marvel that some of the same folks that will complain DF costs too much will pay sixty bucks for a single bar set with almost no accessories. DF is a better deal IMO.

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Oh, the single tower is my favorite pic! Keep the cats away from it ;)

Lord Dust, nice alternative to the Rusty Dragon Inn Bar. I'm going to seriously consider this as it really is over priced in all the outlets I can find...if it's even in stock.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Au contraire, Lord Dust, one always has to apologize for a pun.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:18 pm

DarkAcroyear wrote:
LordDust wrote:
Audles wrote: I have Mr. Hecker's tavern too but I got a poor version of it I think. All the glass parts never actually cured, so they're super sticky to the point I never use them. Since pulling them out necessitates about an hour worth of cleaning them before they're presentable. I'm looking forward to the "fuss free" dwarvenite version.
I have also purchased a lot of stuff from Mr. Hecker. Everything has always turned out fabulously! Sorry to hear you had a product issue, his stuff always exceeds my expectations.

He has always been extremely reasonable and accommodating. He's even done some custom shelves for me that I plan on attaching to the walls of my KS3 stuff when it arrives.

I agree that you should try contacting him to see if he has any suggestions regarding your 'sticky' situation...

:D

<hangs head in shame>

Sorry for the exceedingly bad pun, my son is rubbing off on me...
You need never apologize to me for a pun!

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:14 pm

LordDust wrote:
Audles wrote:
I have Mr. Hecker's tavern too but I got a poor version of it I think. All the glass parts never actually cured, so they're super sticky to the point I never use them. Since pulling them out necessitates about an hour worth of cleaning them before they're presentable. I'm looking forward to the "fuss free" dwarvenite version.

My FLGS has the Rusty Dragon Inn for $50. I'm guessing they'll be around for a little bit longer. Though those ones from Paizo do tend to disappear.
Sorry to hear you had poor luck with his stuff! Had you tried asking him about a replacement for the poor parts? I love mine, the attention to detail is fantastic.

The Paizo set rewards usually dip in after market price briefly after release when a bit of buyer's remorse floats around. I'm hoping one of the locals that usually gets so many he trades and sells his extra bits will want to let go of his second tavern. If so, I may have some rarer metals including a Ral Partha Elminster from back in the day that he will want.
I did actually! He's super nice. But we communicated over several months about the issue, ways to fix it, etc. It ultimately resulted in a, "sucks for you!" Which, fine I suppose? I don't know, left a sour taste in my mouth. I wouldn't buy from him again based on my experience, but I acknowledge his stuff is cool and he's usually pretty good. Just didn't work out for me particularly.

I may pick up the Paizo Tavern today since it looks like my DF3 is coming Monday!

DarkAcroyear
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DarkAcroyear » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm

LordDust wrote:
Audles wrote: I have Mr. Hecker's tavern too but I got a poor version of it I think. All the glass parts never actually cured, so they're super sticky to the point I never use them. Since pulling them out necessitates about an hour worth of cleaning them before they're presentable. I'm looking forward to the "fuss free" dwarvenite version.
I have also purchased a lot of stuff from Mr. Hecker. Everything has always turned out fabulously! Sorry to hear you had a product issue, his stuff always exceeds my expectations.

He has always been extremely reasonable and accommodating. He's even done some custom shelves for me that I plan on attaching to the walls of my KS3 stuff when it arrives.

I agree that you should try contacting him to see if he has any suggestions regarding your 'sticky' situation...

:D

<hangs head in shame>

Sorry for the exceedingly bad pun, my son is rubbing off on me...

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Audles wrote:
I have Mr. Hecker's tavern too but I got a poor version of it I think. All the glass parts never actually cured, so they're super sticky to the point I never use them. Since pulling them out necessitates about an hour worth of cleaning them before they're presentable. I'm looking forward to the "fuss free" dwarvenite version.

My FLGS has the Rusty Dragon Inn for $50. I'm guessing they'll be around for a little bit longer. Though those ones from Paizo do tend to disappear.
Sorry to hear you had poor luck with his stuff! Had you tried asking him about a replacement for the poor parts? I love mine, the attention to detail is fantastic.

The Paizo set rewards usually dip in after market price briefly after release when a bit of buyer's remorse floats around. I'm hoping one of the locals that usually gets so many he trades and sells his extra bits will want to let go of his second tavern. If so, I may have some rarer metals including a Ral Partha Elminster from back in the day that he will want.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:52 pm

LordDust wrote:
Audles wrote:
LordDust wrote: I will be buying a DF one soon as I couldn't squeeze in more on the KS time frame. I do also intend to acquire several from other sources too though, I like variety. I'll have to post some pics after my sets arrive with some of the other goodies I have. I'm very thankful that Stefan lets us post other products here, I really think that combined with the helpful community it helps make this the go to forum for many folks!
Were you thinking of picking up the Rusty Dragon Inn? I'd love your feedback on it if you do. I've been on the fence since it's hard to tell the quality from online pics.
I have one of Mr. Hecker's fine fully finished small tavern sets. I am getting some of the Rusty Dragon Inn stuff, but I haven't found a source on the actual tavern set itself that I like the price on yet. Many were wanting almost sixty when I last looked, a bit steep for such a plain bit with so few accessories. Mr. Hecker's product was only about thirtyish with shipping and is far superior IMO. The pictures on the listing aren't even quite as good as the reality I'd say. I will talk to a local guy in the next few days hopefully that will know if anyone local wants to sell or trade one for reasonable cost. The DF one looked like it came with more bits as well. If I can source one I like the price on I will definitely try to post some pics and thoughts.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Audles wrote:
LordDust wrote:
Audles wrote:Suddenly sad I didn't get two Tavern sets*. Those look really great!

*I need to keep reminding myself I have Twisting Catacombs coming "eventually."
I will be buying a DF one soon as I couldn't squeeze in more on the KS time frame. I do also intend to acquire several from other sources too though, I like variety. I'll have to post some pics after my sets arrive with some of the other goodies I have. I'm very thankful that Stefan lets us post other products here, I really think that combined with the helpful community it helps make this the go to forum for many folks!
Were you thinking of picking up the Rusty Dragon Inn? I'd love your feedback on it if you do. I've been on the fence since it's hard to tell the quality from online pics.
I have one of Mr. Hecker's fine fully finished small tavern sets. I am getting some of the Rusty Dragon Inn stuff, but I haven't found a source on the actual tavern set itself that I like the price on yet. Many were wanting almost sixty when I last looked, a bit steep for such a plain bit with so few accessories. Mr. Hecker's product was only about thirtyish with shipping and is far superior IMO. The pictures on the listing aren't even quite as good as the reality I'd say. I will talk to a local guy in the next few days hopefully that will know if anyone local wants to sell or trade one for reasonable cost. The DF one looked like it came with more bits as well. If I can source one I like the price on I will definitely try to post some pics and thoughts.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:24 pm

LordDust wrote:
Audles wrote:Suddenly sad I didn't get two Tavern sets*. Those look really great!

*I need to keep reminding myself I have Twisting Catacombs coming "eventually."
I will be buying a DF one soon as I couldn't squeeze in more on the KS time frame. I do also intend to acquire several from other sources too though, I like variety. I'll have to post some pics after my sets arrive with some of the other goodies I have. I'm very thankful that Stefan lets us post other products here, I really think that combined with the helpful community it helps make this the go to forum for many folks!

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”