Kickstarter 3 Builds

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Kickstarter 3 Builds

Post by LordDust » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Audles wrote:Suddenly sad I didn't get two Tavern sets*. Those look really great!

*I need to keep reminding myself I have Twisting Catacombs coming "eventually."
I will be buying a DF one soon as I couldn't squeeze in more on the KS time frame. I do also intend to acquire several from other sources too though, I like variety. I'll have to post some pics after my sets arrive with some of the other goodies I have. I'm very thankful that Stefan lets us post other products here, I really think that combined with the helpful community it helps make this the go to forum for many folks!

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Audles wrote:Suddenly sad I didn't get two Tavern sets*. Those look really great!

The Tav Accessory set is nice, but I have a lot of the earlier items, so I only got one. I have found magnetic animal heads that will work fine on DwF, cheap - brought one back from Alaska, a bear.

I think aftermarket will provide us with all the accessories we can afford.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:08 pm

ForestZ wrote:

Eventually being the key word. :( I'm near the end and that fulfillment is going way slower than I anticipated. :/ Understandable given they're a small shop, but man, seeing all those pieces in Josh's setup makes me sad I'll still be waiting so long!
I'm in the low 300s, so I have hope I'll get it this year. But yeah, though that stuff is beautiful the wait has been fairly tough. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Eventually being the key word. :( I'm near the end and that fulfillment is going way slower than I anticipated. :/ Understandable given they're a small shop, but man, seeing all those pieces in Josh's setup makes me sad I'll still be waiting so long!

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Suddenly sad I didn't get two Tavern sets*. Those look really great!

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:09 am

jchunick wrote: That's a good question. I'm not sure. I kind of went overboard with what I got so I did get the Empire level, but also a boatload of add-ons. But, from the top-down views of both levels you can fairly easily count out how many floors and walls of each that you would need.

From a quick glance:
9 stone floors
1 stone floor with trap door
9 stone walls
5 stone walls with windows
5 stone walls with doors (2 of them I removed the doors and sat the magnetic red curtains up against the entrances of the private dining rooms)
1 or two tavern sets (you can get away with one plus other tables from other accessories you may have such as from DF KS1)
1 stairs
5 shutters
4 curtains (you can press both the shutters on the outside and the curtains on the inside, together in the same window hole. They are both very, very tight. I scraped paint off the curtains)

I replaced:
- 3 stone walls with LED torch walls
- 3 stone walls with magnetic walls (where the shield and crossed swords are near the fireplace, where the dragon head is in the private room, and the shelf of bottles behind the bar, which is also the shared wall with the kitchen which also has a shelf)
- I used my chairs from KS1
- I used various mugs on the tables from Twisting Catacombs KS, as well as food in the kitchen and a knife
- I used sacks cast in resin from Hirst Arts
- the (bear) tiger rug is from LadySabelle's press molds, which I cast using resin.
- I may have added sacks and crates from other places
Looks like I can come *very* close, or at least close enough.

The Village with Stretches includes 9 wooden floors and 6 stone floors.
Add to that the 6 stone floors from the Stone Floors pack... I just need to cover or make a plug for some trap door/stairwell holes.
I have plenty of walls between the village pledge and the Stone Walls and Posts set (no lighted ones though).
I have lots of furnishings... the new DF Tavern set and KS1 Dungeon Dressings. Also have several pieces from Twisted Catacombs, Flights of Fancy (JA Hecker) and the Dungeon Decor 2 kickstarter (Johnny Lauck). So furniture isn't a problem.

I will try to lay one out in a few days (after I have finished my unboxing)... the beauty of unpainted pieces is that mixing wood and stone isn't nearly as noticeable. ;)

Stormfury
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Stormfury » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:36 am

AnimeSensei wrote:Is it just me or are pictures I'm seeing show that the prepainted KS3 stone pieces and battlements aren't painted the same as the KS1 dungeon pieces? How well do they match up?
They are slightly different, but to me the quality feels better on these pieces overall. The difference isn't so striking that you couldn't use them together though.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Stormfury
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Stormfury » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 am

LadySabelle wrote:Man... it's a TIGER. :P
I wants one!
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 am

Vegomatic wrote:Excellent!
I very much like the use of the Twisted Catacombs items! Very nice. I need to get mine cleaned up so I can start playing with it.
So... how close do you think I can come with a Village and Stone Floors and Stone Wall and Posts?
My KS3 boxes arrived just a few hours ago... so far all I have opened is one tudor cottage and a tudor stretch goals pack... (but mine are unpainted... they just don't have the same impact!)
Thanks!
Still waiting on my TC stuff to show up. Items look great in the pics... Will be Christmas again this spring, between KS3, KS4, and TC...and Conan, Burrows and Badgers, and Halflings, and then... :)
Last edited by pacarat on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:14 am

Is it just me or are pictures I'm seeing show that the prepainted KS3 stone pieces and battlements aren't painted the same as the KS1 dungeon pieces? How well do they match up?
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”