Kickstarter 3 Builds

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Kickstarter 3 Builds

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:05 am

Your build looks great. I'm so jealous! I got an email notice today and was so excited!.... But it was just something Nate was sending to me and not my KS3 stuff. :cry:
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 pm

oops! :oops:

I guess all I have to do is paint black stripes and then it's a rare white tiger.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:16 pm

Man... it's a TIGER. :P
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Here is a photo of an entire village with stretch goals as a single tower (I didn't use the roofs or place any of the little bits... just the floors, walls, balconies, rails and posts). Please excuse the quality of the photo...
20160118_214403.jpg
20160118_214403.jpg (198.09 KiB) Viewed 4393 times
There are 15 Floors pieces. 1 of which is the roof in this build.
Two floors only have three corner posts, and I used the double posts for those floors.

And it seems pretty sturdy... even with the two three posted floors near the top. I suppose it would be better if I had put three walls on a few of the lower floors and added walls to the floors with three posts... Will have to try that.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:55 pm

I very much wish there were wooden or stone pillars. I know there are those fat ones, but I was thinking something a bit smaller. I just might have to make some, myself.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Vegomatic wrote:Excellent!
I very much like the use of the Twisted Catacombs items! Very nice. I need to get mine cleaned up so I can start playing with it.
So... how close do you think I can come with a Village and Stone Floors and Stone Wall and Posts?
My KS3 boxes arrived just a few hours ago... so far all I have opened is one tudor cottage and a tudor stretch goals pack... (but mine are unpainted... they just don't have the same impact!)
Thanks!
That's a good question. I'm not sure. I kind of went overboard with what I got so I did get the Empire level, but also a boatload of add-ons. But, from the top-down views of both levels you can fairly easily count out how many floors and walls of each that you would need.

From a quick glance:
9 stone floors
1 stone floor with trap door
9 stone walls
5 stone walls with windows
5 stone walls with doors (2 of them I removed the doors and sat the magnetic red curtains up against the entrances of the private dining rooms)
1 or two tavern sets (you can get away with one plus other tables from other accessories you may have such as from DF KS1)
1 stairs
5 shutters
4 curtains (you can press both the shutters on the outside and the curtains on the inside, together in the same window hole. They are both very, very tight. I scraped paint off the curtains)

I replaced:
- 3 stone walls with LED torch walls
- 3 stone walls with magnetic walls (where the shield and crossed swords are near the fireplace, where the dragon head is in the private room, and the shelf of bottles behind the bar, which is also the shared wall with the kitchen which also has a shelf)
- I used my chairs from KS1
- I used various mugs on the tables from Twisting Catacombs KS, as well as food in the kitchen and a knife
- I used sacks cast in resin from Hirst Arts
- the (bear) tiger rug is from LadySabelle's press molds, which I cast using resin.
- I may have added sacks and crates from other places
Last edited by jchunick on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Excellent!
I very much like the use of the Twisted Catacombs items! Very nice. I need to get mine cleaned up so I can start playing with it.
So... how close do you think I can come with a Village and Stone Floors and Stone Wall and Posts?
My KS3 boxes arrived just a few hours ago... so far all I have opened is one tudor cottage and a tudor stretch goals pack... (but mine are unpainted... they just don't have the same impact!)
Thanks!

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:59 pm

William wrote:I have to mention, I'm :mrgreen: over two things.
You have it already and you have your TC stuff already too. Both I'm still waiting on....
Come on man... Arrrrgh :mrgreen:
I feel your pain on both items! At least the interwebs assure me that my long awaited Tabletop Props wagon and tent should be here this week.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:55 pm

I have to mention, I'm :mrgreen: over two things.
You have it already and you have your TC stuff already too. Both I'm still waiting on....
Come on man... Arrrrgh :mrgreen:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:41 pm

You're supposed to get a decent arm workout turning your monitor around. ;-)

Btw, have I said lately how I hate Windows for messing around with the orientation meta data in the images?... Yeah, I hate Windows. If I post using my phone I have not problems, but posting this many pictures through my phone takes a long time.

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”