Storing your Dwarven Forge

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Storing your Dwarven Forge

Post by GODofwar » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:39 pm

That's understandable. We designed them to hold sets because it made sense to us, especially as a product. Not knowing how many sets someone has, there's no way to predict how many walls they have. But by designing it for a specific set, we know how many walls there are per set. So yes, an empire set would require two of our city cases, and would split up some of your bits. For us this isn't a problem, it's actually kind of convenient because you don't always need the whole collection, and the second case is right there if you need the rest.

Stretch goals are accommodated (except city, working on that). And we have solutions for some addons (water/lava/monster sewer). Everyone (especially in KS3) had different orders, so we started with what we needed and thought others might need them too, but YMMV. Thanks for the feedback.[/quote]

What is neat about your solution is that it travels to user flat, assembles easily (according to DM Mike) and has a neat slot for everything. That's a blessing especially for users who have small storage spaces. As you point out, one can pull the second drawer out and have 'em both right there.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est[/quote]
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:07 pm

If you're into taking feedback for future products. I'm looking for storage for my Dwarvenite that fits on an IKEA Hemnes bookshelf. I'd like something I can just throw all of my (let's say) dungeon floors into, and another for walls, another for stairs, etc. But still has enough modularity and design to maybe stack and maximize my space inside the bookshelf and still stay organized.

Think those office in/out trays for documents, but in box form and deep enough for the pieces of about 10 sets worth. (~6.5 inches in height?)

Oh, and they would need to be able to hold that weight and also not scratch up my shelf.

That's what -I- need, I don't know about everyone else.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

AblativeNate
Kobold
Kobold

Post by AblativeNate » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:36 am

AblativeNate, your drawer is great for a prepackaged unit. Problem is the stretch goals/ add-ons / or largers sets (like an empire)don't fit. Worse, for me, I will never store one Empire together. I take it apart and store all the stone walls in one divider/box, all the stone walls with center windows in another etc.

In short, I don't want my two Empires each in a separate box. I want all the same kind of PIECE in one place.

Maybe I'm an outlier.

Just the same, good work, and I hope you have lots of people for whom you have solved a problem.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est[/quote]

That's understandable. We designed them to hold sets because it made sense to us, especially as a product. Not knowing how many sets someone has, there's no way to predict how many walls they have. But by designing it for a specific set, we know how many walls there are per set. So yes, an empire set would require two of our city cases, and would split up some of your bits. For us this isn't a problem, it's actually kind of convenient because you don't always need the whole collection, and the second case is right there if you need the rest.

Stretch goals are accommodated (except city, working on that). And we have solutions for some addons (water/lava/monster sewer). Everyone (especially in KS3) had different orders, so we started with what we needed and thought others might need them too, but YMMV. Thanks for the feedback.
AblativeNate
Hypothetical Heroes

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:17 am

I store all of my stuff by type. Doors in one area, walls in another, floors in another, etc. Awesome idea for storage however.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:55 pm

[quote="AblativeNate"]Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. My gaming group made some laser-cut boxes to hold our Dwarven Forge tiles and we decided to offer them for sale. We'll have the plans available in .DXF file format for free under a creative commons license soon. If you have access to a laser cutter/engraver and some 5mm or 1/4" (.2" actual) plywood you're all set.
http://hypotheticalheroes.com/
[quote]

AblativeNate, your drawer is great for a prepackaged unit. Problem is the stretch goals/ add-ons / or largers sets (like an empire)don't fit. Worse, for me, I will never store one Empire together. I take it apart and store all the stone walls in one divider/box, all the stone walls with center windows in another etc.

In short, I don't want my two Empires each in a separate box. I want all the same kind of PIECE in one place.

Maybe I'm an outlier.

Just the same, good work, and I hope you have lots of people for whom you have solved a problem.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

AblativeNate
Kobold
Kobold

Post by AblativeNate » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:03 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. My gaming group made some laser-cut boxes to hold our Dwarven Forge tiles and we decided to offer them for sale. We'll have the plans available in .DXF file format for free under a creative commons license soon. If you have access to a laser cutter/engraver and some 5mm or 1/4" (.2" actual) plywood you're all set.

Dungeon Master Mark just did a review video of our City case, here. We also have solutions for the dungeons, caverns, water/lava, and we're always working on more.
http://hypotheticalheroes.com/
12605410_10208421472041411_5754782565311452971_o.jpg
12605410_10208421472041411_5754782565311452971_o.jpg (317.98 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
AblativeNate
Hypothetical Heroes

ryandb2

Post by ryandb2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Agreed, more tool chests is better. To be fair you don't need to pay the extra dough for ball bearing, though they are so smooth :)

I kicked my tools to the curb because of priorities

Dwarven forge > tools

Probably will be some good deals on them as Sears spirals into death.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:04 am

Man, I'd love to have a nice set of tool drawers!... my problem would be that I'd need two sets - one for the tiles, one for the tools. :-)

And, Welcome!
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:52 am

Welcome to the forum ryandb2!

Nice metal drawers you have there. They remind me of mine: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6202&hilit=flat+file

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:01 am

you could get a custom made hardwood tool chest:

http://www.wrencherstoolchest.com/pages/products.php

of course you could also have GeekChic make you one ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939