So what are people planning to buy once KSIII is in stock?

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: So what are people planning to buy once KSIII is in stock?

Post by Law » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:24 pm

This really is the rub. There is some comfort for me in the fact that KS pieces have tended to show up on Ebay, so they wouldn't be TOTALLY gone even if DF doesn't restock. But, even that isn't perfect -- there wasn't a full selection of KSIII stuff on eBay, for example, so anything you didn't bid on, you still might not be able to get.

I'm hoping for another pre-sale, too. I'll undoubtedly go big on KSIV, but it'd be nice to know I'll have a chance six months down the road to clean up some of my order, add things I skipped initially. When I pledged on KSIII, I knew full well I'd want the braziers and door set eventually, but I simply couldn't afford them along with everything else (and I figured I'd have plenty to keep me busy while I waited for them.) Once the pre-sale happened, it made it even easier to tidy up my order. (Though, aside, I still procrastinated on the braziers, and I'm now KICKING myself for it!)

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:03 pm

I have missed out on restocked items as well on the website. Usually, after much debate and sobbing (on my part) my wife will give in to getting more DF stuff. However, I have gone online to order and have missed out on it.

I am going to have to take that chance this time around though once KS3 hits the webstore. If I have to wait, I will, I know they will be restocking this stuff soon enough. Plus, I don't want to buy something now and miss out on some sweet revealed stuff from KS4. I am slapping $1500 on the KS4 table as soon as it goes live and will hope that is enough.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 am

lostpict wrote: I have been buying (my wife says hording) DF stuff since it originally came out in the 90s (so maybe I do have a horde) and have learned that buying it when it is available and I have the cash is the best bet if you must have it. Delaying has always resulted in me either not being able to find it again (Sci-Fi Beta, ROTA entrance, etc.) or having to wait for months or years for certain items to restock.
Words of wisdom.

Maybe if we could get some stock numbers in the DF on-line store to know how many of each KS3 *set* they had stocked it would help us to decide to push money to KS4?

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 am

If I knew with high certainty that the DF KSIII things would all be kept in stock for 2016 or re-stocked promptly (within 60 days of going out of stock), it would definitely change how I would spend for KSIV.

However, spending on KSIV is money spent for deliveries in presumably 2017 and I wants my toys now. I have been buying (my wife says hording) DF stuff since it originally came out in the 90s (so maybe I do have a horde) and have learned that buying it when it is available and I have the cash is the best bet if you must have it. Delaying has always resulted in me either not being able to find it again (Sci-Fi Beta, ROTA entrance, etc.) or having to wait for months or years for certain items to restock. In fact, that is part of the negotiations with the wife, buy now or I may pout later.

With that in mind, I am going to finish buying what I want for CBS as soon as it is available in the store and separately evaluate how much to put down on KSIV (realizing that a KS is a bet, a good bet with DF but a bet none the less that will pay off in the future). So here is to buying some fresh cut Tulips from the Spring DF market and some bulbs to plant for next Spring.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:06 am

I think it mostly means the KS is for a month, and the pledge manager for another month or so, and after that there is plenty of time to buy KSIII stuff. I am sure some stuff will sell out, and also sure that DF will try to keep most of it is stock. A lot of out of stock stuff now will be replenished soon.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

DrGilgamesh
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DrGilgamesh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 am

Just to clarify, what does "the webstore items will be available from now on" mean? Does that mean that more/all sets will be kept in stock?

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:46 pm

1) Imperial Streets
2) Wargamer Streets
3) Townsfolk
4) Open Water (Caverns)

After reading a post from Stefan though, I am going to wait on these and order maybe in June or the summer. He suggested that $1500 would be a good amount for KS4 and to save for that whereas the webstore items will be available from now on.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:13 pm

I am really torn. With KSIV right around the corner, I need to think hard about what items I want to help my city grow.

The real question is what KSIII items will be included in the new Kickstarter? I already know that there will be an expansion on the sewers included in the new kickstarter. Stefan stated as much in a comment on facebook. Here's the comment.

So do I simply pick up the items from the store now, which would limit what I can get in the new kickstarter, or hope that stock remains for me to pick things up later? I do know that some items I will be getting now.

Open Water painted x1
Open Water unpainted x1
Corner posts unpainted x1
Double posts unpainted x1
If they offer it, Open Lava painted x1

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm

We get what we spend money on in the store pretty much immediately, too, which is a big draw.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I am sure I will buy some KSIV stuff (don't kid myself, more than some), but my city needs to expand now and store sales are both revenue and immediate profit for DF, so I am going to help. I would like more Tudor roofs, some more stone and wood floors, and maybe more sewers. A lot of it depends upon how it us offered. Looking forward to the store opening soon.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”