Pins coming out of posts--what's the best fix?

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Pins coming out of posts--what's the best fix?

Post by lostpict » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:56 pm

I would not recommend WD-40. It eventually turns hard and gummy and will have to be removed with a solvent. I suspect a soap-water soluble oil such as the suggested vegetable oil is a better lubricant for this purpose. I inserted about 400 posts when I received mine and found after they had been plugged once, they loosened up a fair bit.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:13 pm

As mentioned... two part epoxy, or super glue should work... but only a small amount.

As to general usage:
1) If the floor pieces are cold let them warm up to room temperature before inserting the pins... temperature seems to play a significant part in the pins sticking. The PVC material seems to shrink when it gets cold (I have found that pieces that are warped are less warped when they are warmer).

2) Use a twisting motion when inserting and removing the posts.

I believe I saw mention of using a touch of vegetable oil or WD-40 on the posts before inserting them in the floors the first time.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:58 pm

I'm getting the feeling these should have been barbed.

I saw some people recommending 2 part epoxy for magnet repair. Would probably work for this too. I also saw a recommendation for applying a small amount of vegetable oil and running it off on the pins to add a little lube.

Drammattex
Goblin
Goblin

Pins coming out of posts--what's the best fix?

Post by Drammattex » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Received my KS3 today and have had a few problems with the metal pins from posts getting stuck in the floors when I try to remove the posts. I need a pair of pliers to get the pins out of the floors. After that, the pins no longer stay in the posts they came out of. I've experienced this a couple times so far. Is there a good fix for this, or do the posts need to be sent back to Dwarven Forge?

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”