Painting KS3 pieces

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
MBCE
Orc
Orc

Re: Painting KS3 pieces

Post by MBCE » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Washes can be very difficult to use as they change the color of the lower lawyer slightly. What makes it worse is that you can't really see the amount of change until it dries. Because of that, my Tudor pieces have an inconsistent look to them. Still, I like that as it gives the buildings a more unique feel to them.

Stone, I have yet to decide what to do with them. :(

Caleb
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Caleb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:05 pm

I had issues using the painting guide when it came to the washing of the stone floors.

I am not sure if I got the wrong mix on the wash but the floors looked horrible afterword. This was after spending a great deal of time trying various means of wiping off the excess wash and whatnot.

I was able to get the floors looking better by doing a darker ink wash on the top layer afterwords and making sure it didn't get into the cracks.

However, I am just going to leave the rest of the floors with the simple drybrush.

It was just too much work trying to get the wash to work.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:41 am

Great idea to vary the color of the ladders. They don't have to be consistent with each other like walls and floors do.

Painting the signs bright colors is interesting too, makes lots of sense. I sure hope there are some decal ideas for the signs, they are begging to have changeable lettering/imagery. The surface may not be flat enough for decals. I've never done the decal thing, so have no idea if it feasible.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:51 pm

Very nice stuff there.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Painting KS3 pieces

Post by MBCE » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:40 pm

So the other day, I started painting some of my KS3 items. Decided to start with the accessories as they tend to have more options for color variations before I start to do the main items. So far I'm finding it very easy to paint. Due to the size of the pictures, I'm including the link here.

The top left items: the tent, three bedrolls, two piles of firewood, and four sand colored trapdoors are from Griffin Tamer's Kickstarter. I finally got around to painting them. Everything else came out pretty good though I'm not sold on the [wine] red on the perches.

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”