The value of full streets

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: The value of full streets

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:44 am

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:I modelled the streets on the ancient Pompeii and Roman streets....we will almost certainly be adding some T and 4 ways and dead ends to the streets..any other suggestions?
Definitely finish the alley set's missing pieces. I think just looking at the old river sets should help find pieces that could help; they are essentially the same idea (at least for alleyways).
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:46 pm

lostpict wrote:We ran two LOTR games in the town I setup that each ran about 5 hours between them. The first was a dragon and a troll against ~30 dwarves and the second was 25 undead versus 39 pirates (https://sfdfsfd.wordpress.com/2016/01/2 ... 26jan2016/ & https://sfdfsfd.wordpress.com/2016/01/2 ... 24jan2016/).
Just wanted to say that I love the build! The "ghostly" paint jobs on the undead are great as well!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:I modelled the streets on the ancient Pompeii and Roman streets....we will almost certainly be adding some T and 4 ways and dead ends to the streets..any other suggestions?
The X has been mentioned but it was not my idea. I would like a Pompeii style sewer grate dead end. I need two of the 4 way intersections and 4 T sections for the basic set of Black Plague. More for the city.

A brick sidewalk grate would also be great :!:

OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:27 pm

I modelled the streets on the ancient Pompeii and Roman streets....we will almost certainly be adding some T and 4 ways and dead ends to the streets..any other suggestions?

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:27 pm

The group I have been playing with has been using a mat, markers and a handful of minis for decades. We are just starting to use the DF terrain (and unpainted at that). We don't have space or time to set up large elaborate cityscapes (nor can we leave it set up from session to session). For these reasons we opted to go with a cobblestone mat to use with our village and add-ons (including sidewalks). With that said, I expect that if we eventually get the terrain painted we may want some streets for better immersion, but that will probably be years off. As DF has committed to restocking Dwarvenite on a "regular" basis I don't expect it to be an issue if we decide to go with streets in the future.

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:13 pm

What's also killing me is that the streets look SO good and would really bring the city to life (as others have said). I love the attention to details in them too, they such a rich diversity and colour to a scene (based on images I have seen).

Right now, if I was do do the Imperials Streets and the Wargamer Streets that is about $840 Canadian. A tough sell for my wife.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:03 pm

whyteshark wrote:I may be setting myself up for a hanging, but are the streets worth purchasing?

I ask because I have a Zuzzy cobblestone mat already that covers my table. I decided against the streets mainly because of the Zuzzy mat and it allotted another couple hundred bucks towards more add-ons. Plus, I am unsure how many street sets are necessary to make a 'worthwhile' town layout.

Seeing all the pics of the builds is making me wonder if I should just get some streets when released on the webstore.
I committed during KS III to NOT buying streets. I plan on using brick and cobblestone strips for streets. This was in part b/c I game almost exclusively in 15mm and the Streets seemdd too wide.

I now bought an Imperial Streets. I still plan to use the brick and cobblestone, but I will try the streets for the really big avenues.

I think you're find with the Zuzzy mat, thought.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Definitely streets.

I got a Capital City with Imperial Streets and an extra sidewalks & alleys and I have more than enough.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:46 pm

You gotta have the streets. They totally make CBS spring to life. I was thinking of game mats too (and have a cobblestone mat too), but the streets open up true 3D. I bought Imperial and Wargamer streets. With an Empire olus, I can cover 60x40.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Arg!

Okay, you are selling me on these way to easy. If I was to order streets, based on what I already have, what sets should I consider getting then?

Imperial Streets, Sidewalks, Alleys? I really don't know. I want to offer my D&D players multiple options of places they can go and play in my city. Help?

@LAW - I am with you in that the scene has to be seamless too. One of the problems I foresee not having the streets is that my buildings are a not level with the ground (which will bug me).
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”