The value of full streets

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: The value of full streets

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:45 pm

I caved. I'm getting an Imperial Streets. At least to try. You can all mock me.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:43 pm

lostpict wrote:We ran two LOTR games in the town I setup that each ran about 5 hours between them. The first was a dragon and a troll against ~30 dwarves and the second was 25 undead versus 39 pirates (https://sfdfsfd.wordpress.com/2016/01/2 ... 26jan2016/ & https://sfdfsfd.wordpress.com/2016/01/2 ... 24jan2016/).

This let this city architect get lots of feedback for game play city design.

1. Wide streets speed a big skirmish game along since I could get lots of melees going each turn.

2. Wide streets are easy for players hands to move minis; alleys are less easy, and 2x2 sidewalk alleys are harder still.

3. Tall buildings to the center. Gamers leaning over the table edge topple buildings easily if they are too high. Especially for shorter players.

4. Build structures that are easy to de-layer and re-layer. This includes leaving the ladders out and the stairs out (I am considering cutting off the bottom step so that they can stay in place and not make replacing the upper store any challenge.

5. Affix battlements to subfloor so they don't fall off easily.
SInce i'm facing a huge city one-off in two weekends, these are very helpful, Thank ou!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Wow! So much to love in this setup. The huge gated fort city, for one thing -- just having the whole thing bounded by high (ruined) walls, that is very impressive. I love the little details, like the blockade at the main gate, and the hoarding at the top left tower. The use of off-set stone windows in the corner tower. The dock at the end. And, of course, doing it all elevated with sewer walls at the boundaries. Really, truly impressive stuff here.

Stormfury
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Stormfury » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 pm

I have to admit that the streets are awesome and I knew they would be. I struggled with my own KS III purchase decisions because I wanted the best # of 4x4 street tiles I could get for the money, ultimately deciding on the imperial streets version. In hind sight, I maybe should have added a couple town square packs to the list, but my Add-on prices were already 2x my initial pledge package and well over what I spent on KS I and II combined. :oops:

I do wish they had more options for the street going up against the buidlings as I was forced to do a bit of work to get sidewalks on each building.

Regardless, the street tiles really give you a ton of space to play and make the city come to life.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:48 pm

William I did not get the doors or Plastic tokens. I am going to make more 3D versions of the tokens with Lady Sabelle's press molds.

I was thinking I would need some new versions of the advanced builders parts because of how the doors are placed in some of the different scenarios.It is possible to build the tiles with my DF sets.

The sidewalk parts will be very useful.

I ordered two sets plus two of the expansions. Alot to paint.My gaming group plays a lot. I also wanted the figures.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Oldent wrote: I have only played once with the 3D elements. I was thinking I would have to build every tile.It seems I will only need a few adapters.
I didn't get any add ons just the Wulfsburg pledge and all it's stretch goals. All I recieved before Christmas was the main ZBP box set and I too am waiting on the rest. Were the 3D Tokens and Doors sent out already?

I assume these are what you are talking about - But I don't want to make an a%$ out of both of us.
3D Doors.jpg
3D Doors.jpg (79.1 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
3D Tokens.jpg
3D Tokens.jpg (111.74 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
Yea, I didn't add them. To tell the truth I really just wanted the minis.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program................
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:45 pm

William wrote:I see you have a touch of the Black Plague. ;)
I have not even given thought to painting them yet.
I was almost glad the rest of the shipment is delayed until June. I don't want any thing to interfere with painting my streets and sewers. I have only played once with the 3D elements. I was thinking I would have to build every tile.It seems I will only need a few adapters.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:32 pm

We ran two LOTR games in the town I setup that each ran about 5 hours between them. The first was a dragon and a troll against ~30 dwarves and the second was 25 undead versus 39 pirates (https://sfdfsfd.wordpress.com/2016/01/2 ... 26jan2016/ & https://sfdfsfd.wordpress.com/2016/01/2 ... 24jan2016/).

This let this city architect get lots of feedback for game play city design.

1. Wide streets speed a big skirmish game along since I could get lots of melees going each turn.

2. Wide streets are easy for players hands to move minis; alleys are less easy, and 2x2 sidewalk alleys are harder still.

3. Tall buildings to the center. Gamers leaning over the table edge topple buildings easily if they are too high. Especially for shorter players.

4. Build structures that are easy to de-layer and re-layer. This includes leaving the ladders out and the stairs out (I am considering cutting off the bottom step so that they can stay in place and not make replacing the upper store any challenge.

5. Affix battlements to subfloor so they don't fall off easily.
Last edited by lostpict on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:19 pm

I see you have a touch of the Black Plague. ;)
I have not even given thought to painting them yet.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:13 pm

I agree. You also need space for the zombie hoard ;)

I will start painting mine to replace the Hirst Arts improvised streets when they arrive.

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”