City Builder System 4"x6" Buildings Proposal

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Thunder
Orc
Orc

Re: City Builder System 4"x6" Buildings Proposal

Post by Thunder » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:35 am

I would be all over an expansion like this. Breaking up the 4x4 grid is a great direction.

It would also be a meaningful use of the 2x4 half roofs, other than pairing them up to make a full roof. If anybody has a decent use of the half roof please let me know.

Peace

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:02 pm

I love the idea of the 4 x 6 floor plan. The building combinations expand quite a bit.

It also would help make use of the half roofs we have, which I have yet to find a use for besides pairing up to make a full roof. If anybody has a build that does not just pair them up, I would love to see it.

Count me in to purchase a few 4x6 floor plan buildings.

Though of course, now the Streets might need a compatible tile to make everything line up nicely.

Peace

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm fiddling with frame-only floors (just the outside timbers) to allow for two-story rooms. Using balsa to make the frame, not too hard. But in the process I noticed that heither double nor single posts allow things to match up. I hope to get some pix to show, if I can follow the instructions for posting...

But what is suggested above might solve the problem, even in 4x4 buildings. L-shaped buildings with 4x4 floors have similar problems on the inside corners.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 pm

As I have also mentioned before I like the 2x4 floor and 2" wall idea. In my book it would be so much more useful than a large tile and wall only usable for that floor piece.

Since there would be a 2" wall, then why not a 2x2 floor also? You don't need to stick with "what roof sizes", because I would like some homes or businesses to have cover like an inset entry, so visiters have cover while knocking at the door.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:29 pm

The above items are great.

I myself proposed 2x4 city builder tiles floors and wall tiles to fit the 2" sides.

The really good things above the 2x4 city builder floor tiles would be that you could do only four tiles if you could only do four tiles.

one stone 2x4 floor
one wood 2x4 floor
one magnetic stone wall for the 2" side
one magnetic tudor wall for the 2" side

I would love more and more but just these four tiles would really be great since we already have a 2x4 roof.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Not to flog a dead horse too much (Dwarvenite MBS!) but some KS1 style dungeon tile corners sized to match height with City Builder accomplish most of the above, with a single new piece. Try it with your dungeon tiles, except for the fact that they're about 1mm short without a shim they do great.

The supporting walls look neat but are not structurally necessary. Would look nice with the overhanging balconies too, though.

Can't cleanly do your L layout with regular 2x2 corners of course, unless you want a partitioning wall along the join. Not sure I'd want to mess around with 4 new pieces for it, and I worry that 4x4" is right at the limit of what thw current PVC process can handle with acceptable levels of warping.

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:35 pm

SWEET, I like it.
It would be nice to break out of the 4x4 template and those wall mounts (supports) look really good.

Could it work with a 4x2? I think there were warping issues with the 6x4 from KS1. Hence why KS2/3 only had 4x4s. Could your posts idea be extended to be used with a 4x2? The 4x2 might also make good halls, corridors and wall supports.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Great ideas!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:07 pm

I am thinking that perhaps a 2x4 setup might be more useful than a 4x6. With 2x4 perhaps the shorter 2" side could be a single piece, with the posts and perhaps a window or door between them. Then the same walls can be used on the longer sides. This is not great for overhangs, though it could be used that way, but for smaller buildings and shops, I think it could be quite good.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:00 pm

You have some excellent ideas here! I'm going to bring them up with the Valorian crew.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”