Wicked Sewer Needs?

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Wicked Sewer Needs?

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:04 pm

ForestZ wrote:
Runeweaver wrote:That is what I would like to do to my sewers. I would like to fill them up with water features. Thinking of the best way of doing this. Plastic on the ends with Vaseline, and then poor in the resin water? Not certain.
I've poured a lot of resin water. I think the best way is to get yourself some small stops (either wood blocks, or thick foam, doesn't really matter), then put a piece of packing tape on it. Most resin's you'll use for water won't stick to packing tape. Clamp them to either side of your piece then seal the edges with clear 2 part epoxy. Then, pour! (Note, this is pretty much the method Bruce Hirst recommends, and it works great.)
Thanks, Forest. Packing tape, wouldn't have thought of that. :)

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Runeweaver wrote:That is what I would like to do to my sewers. I would like to fill them up with water features. Thinking of the best way of doing this. Plastic on the ends with Vaseline, and then poor in the resin water? Not certain.
I've poured a lot of resin water. I think the best way is to get yourself some small stops (either wood blocks, or thick foam, doesn't really matter), then put a piece of packing tape on it. Most resin's you'll use for water won't stick to packing tape. Clamp them to either side of your piece then seal the edges with clear 2 part epoxy. Then, pour! (Note, this is pretty much the method Bruce Hirst recommends, and it works great.)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:32 pm

+1 to sewers 2

So man great ideas - hard to justify a second monster sewer, but sewers wicked additions would be irresistable!!!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 am

A bridge over the sluiceways! Why didn't I think of that!? I even made one myself, back when I posted a cobbled-together sewer system out of traditional DF pieces.

I love Crazy Herald's sewer -- that's the kind of resin water I had originally hoped to see with a sewer, and why I wanted a sewer in the first place. I just liked the idea of seeing that murky water.

In the end, I won't pretend I don't miss it, but I'm very happy with what we got instead. The curved walls were a complete surprise to me (back when Stefan first posted prototype pics) and they REALLY make it work.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:47 am

The more I think on this, I would like modular large sluiceways, but I don't think that's a wicked set, it sounds more like a Sewers 2 set. And I'm not sure how well a flat bottom of a sluice piece (like the 4 way intersection but without the corners rising up) would do in Dwarvenite without warping though.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:28 am

Law wrote:Also -- maybe this is obvious, but for ease of use, a straightforward 2x2 sewer floor tile. For people doing whole chambers down there, it just takes longer and is more cumbersome to have to assemble a floor out of many smaller pieces.
As obvious as it is, I didn't think of it, and it would be an awesome addition. I could use a new type of floors to add that stinky slimy flavor to any environment.
AnimeSensei wrote:Sluice tunnel with removable grate (Think like in a movie when someone's stuck against a grate; the water can go through down the pipe/sluice, but they can't. Like a mix of a sluiceway and a portcullis.)
That's exactly something I've wished I have from a long time ago. I would love pieces like Smogma has posted. I would even like them more if I could use them as "side walls", so tentacles could enter the passageway through the bars...

And the last thing, I would like kind of a water set with sewer theme. The base pieces could be the same, but instead of irregular shores, I would love if the terrain pieces would be of sewer brick and were a little higher than the water part. You could build deeper sluiceways, and even wider canals.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:41 pm

That is what I would like to do to my sewers. I would like to fill them up with water features. Thinking of the best way of doing this. Plastic on the ends with Vaseline, and then poor in the resin water? Not certain.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:40 am

I had forgotten about those.... drool.....

And yes, exactly what I was thinking. One where the sluiceway doesn't stop. However now that I see it, maybe just a portcullis on top of a slice would be ok.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10 am

I was thinking the same thing.
I've always loved that layout.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:59 am

AnimeSensei wrote: Sluice tunnel with removable grate (Think like in a movie when someone's stuck against a grate; the water can go through down the pipe/sluice, but they can't. Like a mix of a sluiceway and a portcullis.)
I think I know exactly what you mean. I've already tried to make a poor-man's version using the wall w/hole.

It works pretty well. It looks a little funny now, but I plan on filling up the sluices with a clear acrylic-type water anyway.

Anyone thinking of painting their sewers different? I think I will do the sluice bricks in terracotta, like user Crazy Herald did here w/his customs:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6124

(I think this is exactly what you meant, btw:)

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”