45 Degree Passage Turns

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: 45 Degree Passage Turns

Post by jackattack » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:01 pm

How about all of them?

The curled grid in the Curved Passage is ideal for cutting off at the halfway point, and I agree completely about needing end caps (which also make nice alcoves and closets).

And with three to five unique pieces, DF could put them all together in a themed pack.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:10 pm

What do you think look better? The wedge shaped "pizza slice" 45 degree turns or would you prefer a more "full tile" like the curves in the old sets? I think I would prefer the smooth / rounded turn.

Desperately need these for the Passage Sets:

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:57 pm

I think these are great. Thanks for posting!
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

45 Degree Passage Turns

Post by jackattack » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:15 pm

I'll bring this back up for a potential Dungeon Tiles add-on, since the caverns version seemed to be popular in KS2.

A 45 degree passage turn (or two) would enable us to put standard passage pieces at a diagonal to the standard grid alignment. Although this can be done with large numbers of diagonal pieces, using standard passages gives us more complete squares to place miniatures.
45d-1.png
45d-1.png (32.5 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
45d-2.png
45d-2.png (39.66 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Both pieces pictured are omnidirectional -- there is no need for "left" and "right" pieces. The first, smaller piece is much more versatile, as it can be placed anywhere except the corner of a room. The second, larger piece can only be placed at the corner of a room, or perhaps at a junction where two narrow passages meet.

I hope there is room (and time) for this idea in KS4.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”