KS4 Idea - CBS Coasters

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Re: KS4 Idea - CBS Coasters

Post by ForestZ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
ForestZ wrote: Whereas I am absolutely stealing your table on top of a table idea. I can't convince my wife to let me build a real game table (because we hardly ever game right now), but I could make one of those and store it and bring it out when needed. Such a great idea!
My husband made this one (with a little help from me). It's got 4 outlets and 6 adjustable lamps. The top works for dry erase, 3D terrain, or the projector on the ceiling. The table it's sitting on is a 4'x8' - 3/4" thick sheet of melamine on the metal legs of an inexpensive, plastic folding table. A couple of wood 2"x 2" boards brace the legs to make it more sturdy.
Yeah, I cycled through what pics you have of it on your photobucket. I'm definitely going to have to make this a summer project this year. :D

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:31 pm

ForestZ wrote: Whereas I am absolutely stealing your table on top of a table idea. I can't convince my wife to let me build a real game table (because we hardly ever game right now), but I could make one of those and store it and bring it out when needed. Such a great idea!
My husband made this one (with a little help from me). It's got 4 outlets and 6 adjustable lamps. The top works for dry erase, 3D terrain, or the projector on the ceiling. The table it's sitting on is a 4'x8' - 3/4" thick sheet of melamine on the metal legs of an inexpensive, plastic folding table. A couple of wood 2"x 2" boards brace the legs to make it more sturdy.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:13 pm

Mitch, that addition rocks. How about a great big circular grate and one with matching bent bars for that two headed croc to climb out. The bottom could also removable (built with a lip to keep it water-fast). Other inserts could be fountain, statue plinth, obelisk, English crossing, and the ever popular public privy.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:40 pm

LadySabelle wrote:My husband stole some of my Hirst Arts Egyptian tiles to make coasters.
Whereas I am absolutely stealing your table on top of a table idea. I can't convince my wife to let me build a real game table (because we hardly ever game right now), but I could make one of those and store it and bring it out when needed. Such a great idea!

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:34 pm

lostpict wrote:I would love to have a set of 4x4 CBS coasters
Think bigger - a 4x4 piece with depression in it to hold a glass, mug, tankard, bottle, etc BUT when not in use as a coaster there are disk-shaped inserts for it that fill the depression... Inserts such as pentagrams, summoning circles, bottomless pits, spike traps, etc.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:25 am

Roger on using HA (psst, brother youse wanna buy a mold?). That would be nice, but not as nice as a cool fully integrated coaster that stylistically matched and could be lifted off to expose the Catacombs below filled with skellies with rotten teeth from to many sugary drinks...

DF coasters would also find lots of use when we are playing other ganes even without 28mm terrain.

Come on let's hear it for some coaster swag on KS4.
Regards,

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:33 am

My husband stole some of my Hirst Arts Egyptian tiles to make coasters.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 am

It may be blasphemous on the DF boards to some, but I would use Hirst Arts for this if you really want to do it. You could have a depressions fully enclosed for condensation issues and could also seal the thing up however you wanted.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:36 pm

Damn clever idea... you'd need the paint to be treated so there's no chance it could come off from prolonged exposure to moisture.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

KS4 Idea - CBS Coasters

Post by lostpict » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:11 pm

My game table is plagued by wandering cups, cans, and bottles. I would love to have a set of 4x4 CBS coasters that integrate in to the Roads for my players. A place to park those wandering beverages and dice around the rim of my table.
Regards,

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”