Tile size variation between CBS:Sewers and Dungeons

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Re: Tile size variation between CBS:Sewers and Dungeons

Post by tattooedtoad » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:43 pm

It has been suggested that some people use like sheats of Plexiglas for layouts which would draw the hight issue closer to what it should be I can't quite remember the thickness though

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:13 pm

I think -IF- the castles KS is in KS3 proportions, it may not be a terrible idea to have an alternate Game Tiles dungeon set created with the proper proportions. People have been wanting something besides the brick scheme anyway. Maybe a fieldstone one to be more in line with the resin sets?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:40 pm

dice4hire wrote:Yep, all the CBS tiles are the same size difference. I noticed the same problem with a mixed layout I did.

I have been trying to get a response as to whether KSIV will be KSI/II size or KSIII size but no response from DF.
There is probably a ton of stuff going on this close to launch. i don't think they are ignoring you, just currently with a lot of balls in the air. I would guess that they are closest to CBS as that is the most recent thing sculpted and from all the images they look to work very well together.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Height is an issue as well... which is really a shame. Dont understand how that could have fallen through the cracks during the QA/QC process. I've been trying to figure out a way to fix it, but so far no solution.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (452.44 KiB) Viewed 2804 times

jcgjcg
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jcgjcg » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Well... :cry: This is disappointing. I was hoping it was just an issue with my sets. This should not have happened. Length, width, and height are finite and very measurable. They use precision steel molds for for their tiles, they should not have been created "off" by 1-2mm. That degree of error is what I would expect from casting resin/plaster at home with a molding frame made out of Legos.

Sorry I missed that thread. I did topic searches on variations of size, inches, etc but not "Versatile".

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:12 pm

There is a large (many page) conversation regarding this already on this thread.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Yep, all the CBS tiles are the same size difference. I noticed the same problem with a mixed layout I did.

I have been trying to get a response as to whether KSIV will be KSI/II size or KSIII size but no response from DF.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jcgjcg
Goblin
Goblin

Tile size variation between CBS:Sewers and Dungeons

Post by jcgjcg » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:50 pm

So... I was trying to make a pretty large layout combining sewers and dungeon tiles. I just didn't fit right. Finally nailed in down that the sewers pieces were larger then the dungeon tiles. Not by much, maybe 1-2mm. But when multiplied across a bigger area (lets say at least 10x10 tiles), it became very noticeable and problematic that things didn't align correctly. Have others experienced this as well?