City Builder - Antiqued Look on Floors?

Undel
Orc
Orc

Re: City Builder - Antiqued Look on Floors?

Post by Undel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 am

Thank you. Happily painting away!

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:13 am

Step 5 in the painting guide explains it. The picture for step 4 just looks as if step 5 was already done.

The text of step 5: "Apply a light coat of Stone Edge Drybrush (very diluted with water) to the entire surface of the floor using a wet #12 (Drybrush) brush. Be sure to get the paint into the cracks between the stones. Immediately and gently wipe off the excess paint with a paper towel, leaving some of the paint behind."

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:46 am

Watered down Stone edge is what I used. Very heavy on the water and then I use a paper towel to mostly dry off the raised portions without getting two deep. I usually do two coats and mine look pretty much like the factory paint job.

Undel
Orc
Orc

City Builder - Antiqued Look on Floors?

Post by Undel » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 pm

antiqued.jpg
antiqued.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 838 times
I'm finally getting around to painting up my city builder stone sets, and I liked how the floors looked in the prepainted photos, with the lighter grout in between the stones. I was curious how the effect was achieved. In the tutorial above, it seems to go from a completely flat painted floor to an antiqued look in the cracks magically. Drybrushing does not achieve this look, which is what that step calls for.

Does anyone know how the effect was achieved? Watered down white wash?

Return to “Game Tiles Collector Mods”