Post by Oldmanwillow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Very good job!

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re:Post Your Cavern Paint Jobs

Post by geekjeff » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Thank you for the detailed run down!

I think you've convinced me to add the yellow to the paint order I'm about to place. I was going to skip it but now that you mention it, there'l are a lot of yellow tones in the limestone caves I've been in. Or at least they look hat way when lit wig incandescents/firelight.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:15 pm

The puddles in the floor and wall pieces look like a perfect match to the resin sets, Bravo. I will be adding that feature to a lot of mine. I also like the mixture of colors for the "colored" bits throughout. Nice job Kryzsko.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Undel
Orc
Orc

Post by Undel » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:07 am

Those look fantastic! I love the yellow tint to some of the stones, and putting water between them is very clever. I'll have to try that!

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 am

I forgot to say prior to sealing I do a very dry dry brush of cavern dry brush to tie everything together.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:55 am

I mostly used the Pokorny paints. I airbrushed base gray on everything first on 15 PSI letting some of the dark gray Dwarvenite show through, then I airbrushed some of the rocks and spots here and there with cardboard (you could use olive) and earth stone. I did a wet/heavy dribrush on the big stalagmites and stalactites some in cavern dry bush with a little school bus mixed in, some in cardboard with some school bus, and some with plane cavern drybrush. I used some shallow water green and air bubble blue to make pools on the floor and walls. I used some vallejo model washs, rust and dark yellow to add a little extra color her and there. Then instead of nail polish I used Triple Thick gloss glaze to make areas look wet and to have water running down the walls in places. Seal first with a mat varnish before adding the triple thick or nail polish. Sounds like a lot of steps but each does not take long. Oh, you don't even need to thin Pokorny paint to use in a airbrush and you could just pain on those steps, but the airbrush is faster.

Xintao
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Xintao » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:49 am

Awesome job Kryzsko. Just awesome. So when you posting your tutorial? LOL

Xin
Xintao

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:21 am

That is a beautiful job Kryzsko! Great choice of colors. And yes, please let us know the colors you used.

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:54 am

Wow those look great! Please post your paint color choices and technique!

LastFighter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LastFighter » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 am

These look great. I would be interested in knowing the paint choices as well. It looks like there is also some clear nail polish for shininess it parts ?

Every time someone picks out the flow stone to do in a slightly different color, I realize that I really want to do that for my tiles to showcase the details of the pieces.

Return to “Game Tiles Collector Mods”