GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Re: Dwarven Forge Collections Fan Wiki

Post by GrumpyOne » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:36 pm
Hi GrumpyOne!

That e-mail address is still good. It is an account I don't check frequently so it is set to forward to my normal personal email. If you send something to it, I will receive it. I also like posting here as it draws attention to the wikia which is good. We get about... oh... 100ish hits a day on it on average (in case you were wondering). Sounds like many of them may be you. ;-)

As to your question regarding the Cavernous Chasm set... I will have to go back to my research notes to see if I have anything else about this set (I have lots of notes, but little time to update the wiki)... I am a relatively new collector (started with City Builder KS) and so am not well versed in exactly how things happened "way back then"... I get most of my information from various Internet resources.

I know they changed the composition of a couple of sets when they started coming out with the "no bow tie" versions (one example is the Narrow Passages Set), but this particular set never had bow ties (it was first released at about the same time as the first "no bow tie" version sets - 2008 I think - Check the timeline on the wikia. I wrote it there so I wouldn't have to remember it.)

There are a couple of sets whose content don't exactly match the packaging... I can't think of another example off the top of my head, but this would not be the first one.

If I find more information I will let you know.
Just trying to keep you honest!

Actually I came across someone who was trying to sell their chasm set and they were confused by what they thought should be in the set and what the Wiki picture showed (they no longer had the box). I took a look at my set and that's where the question came from.

Seriously though, that wiki page is great and should be a sticky at the top of the forum. I think a lot of new DF addicts would be surprised at how much is out there.
"Initial success or total failure"

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:21 am

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I know resin ice caverns had an extra flat cavern rock in the box compared to the picture on the box.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:36 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 am
Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:19 pm

You are very welcome!

And thank you!
Vegomatic,

I'm not sure if this email address is still good (dfwikia@gmail.com) from a long-forgotten post so I'm asking my question here.

Regarding the resin Cavernous Chasm set (MM-032), the picture only shows 20 pieces however the total in the inventory is 22. My set has 22 so I'm wondering if items were inadvertently left out of the photo or if there were two issues of this set, one with 20 and one with 22. The photo does not have 2 straight pieces (not sure what you would call them but I use them to span across two elevation pieces).
Hi GrumpyOne!

That e-mail address is still good. It is an account I don't check frequently so it is set to forward to my normal personal email. If you send something to it, I will receive it. I also like posting here as it draws attention to the wikia which is good. We get about... oh... 100ish hits a day on it on average (in case you were wondering). Sounds like many of them may be you. ;-)

As to your question regarding the Cavernous Chasm set... I will have to go back to my research notes to see if I have anything else about this set (I have lots of notes, but little time to update the wiki)... I am a relatively new collector (started with City Builder KS) and so am not well versed in exactly how things happened "way back then"... I get most of my information from various Internet resources.

I know they changed the composition of a couple of sets when they started coming out with the "no bow tie" versions (one example is the Narrow Passages Set), but this particular set never had bow ties (it was first released at about the same time as the first "no bow tie" version sets - 2008 I think - Check the timeline on the wikia. I wrote it there so I wouldn't have to remember it.)

There are a couple of sets whose content don't exactly match the packaging... I can't think of another example off the top of my head, but this would not be the first one.

If I find more information I will let you know.

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:19 pm

You are very welcome!

And thank you!
Vegomatic,

I'm not sure if this email address is still good (dfwikia@gmail.com) from a long-forgotten post so I'm asking my question here.

Regarding the resin Cavernous Chasm set (MM-032), the picture only shows 20 pieces however the total in the inventory is 22. My set has 22 so I'm wondering if items were inadvertently left out of the photo or if there were two issues of this set, one with 20 and one with 22. The photo does not have 2 straight pieces (not sure what you would call them but I use them to span across two elevation pieces).

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:19 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:05 pm
I just want to put a shout out to Vegomatic for all his hard work on this.

As we're in the middle of a grand kickstarter, look at all of the info that is amassed. Vegomatic has done this to be best of his ability for KS 1-4 to compile the data. KS5 looks to be another huge wiki project.

Thank you again!
You are very welcome!

And thank you!

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:17 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm
GrumpyOne wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:19 pm
I realize this is a necrothread however I did not see anything newer about the Wikia page.

My question is regarding the Undercity. I know that was the name in the KS however isn't it the same product as the current Monster Sewer (MS)?
I don't mind it being revived... I like the wiki getting some attention.

Yes, it is the same set. Undercity = Monster Sewer
I believe that is why it was not available in the pre-sale nor was it ever in the store by the name Undercity.

It was added late in the kickstarter as a pledge level after several people had asked for a Monster Sewer pledge level (the Monster Sewer was only available as an add-on up to that point). They wanted in the kickstarter to get sewers but did not want any of the other city pieces.

Dwarven Forge listened and added the pledge level however, it was not eligible for stretch goals.
Thanks for the info. And thanks for keeping up on the DF Wiki pages. I've actually used it a lot in trying to track down some of the obscure resin pieces.
I don't have a full list of all the resin pieces yet... especially the bonus pieces... I know of a few but need photos and to get them added to the site.

Time is limited... even more so trying to follow the kickstarter...

Am very happy it is being used.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:05 pm

I just want to put a shout out to Vegomatic for all his hard work on this.

As we're in the middle of a grand kickstarter, look at all of the info that is amassed. Vegomatic has done this to be best of his ability for KS 1-4 to compile the data. KS5 looks to be another huge wiki project.

Thank you again!
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm
GrumpyOne wrote:
I realize this is a necrothread however I did not see anything newer about the Wikia page.

My question is regarding the Undercity. I know that was the name in the KS however isn't it the same product as the current Monster Sewer (MS)?

I believe that is why it was not available in the pre-sale nor was it ever in the store by the name Undercity.

It was added late in the kickstarter as a pledge level after several people had asked for a Monster Sewer pledge level (the Monster Sewer was only available as an add-on up to that point). They wanted in the kickstarter to get sewers but did not want any of the other city pieces.

Dwarven Forge listened and added the pledge level however, it was not eligible for stretch goals.
Thanks for the info. And thanks for keeping up on the DF Wiki pages. I've actually used it a lot in trying to track down some of the obscure resin pieces.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:19 pm