Dwarven Forge Collections Fan Wiki

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Dwarven Forge Collections Fan Wiki

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:I just bought some resin MBS shutters off of ebay; I don't see them on the Wiki yet. Thought I'd post here as I'm not too savvy on how to add on the wiki itself.
Just an FYI... I am not ignoring this post... I have tried to upload one of the photos, however there appears to be a problem with Wikia's image storage. I am getting errors from their system when I try to upload or delete a file :!:

Thank you for posting the images. 8-)

I would be glad to talk you through adding images or pages to the wiki (after they fix the upload problem).

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:26 pm

I just bought some resin MBS shutters off of ebay; I don't see them on the Wiki yet. Thought I'd post here as I'm not too savvy on how to add on the wiki itself.
miX5PsFweYtqWoCZB7DbLTw[1].jpg
miX5PsFweYtqWoCZB7DbLTw[1].jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 5979 times
12209268_10153578465442247_394961683_o[1].jpg
12209268_10153578465442247_394961683_o[1].jpg (193.39 KiB) Viewed 5979 times
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Teulisch wrote: ... including known prices (original, restock, and e-bay when out of stock) would also be useful in showing the value of resin over time. this could help collectors estimate the value of their collection, which could be useful for those looking to sell or buy.
I will be glad to add a table to each set page showing pricing... I already have all of the original kickstarter and current store prices for the dwarvenite sets in a spreadsheet. I will go back and add those after I have a sub page for each set made.

I do not have the original pricing, or current ebay pricing of the resin sets. Can someone in the know compile the info regarding original, current, and ebay pricing of the resin sets? I will be glad to add them to the wiki if someone would post them here. Don't expect immediate turn around... as I want to get all the set pages built first.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:25 am

Just added the pages for Fan Builds and Modified or "Modded" Pieces. 8-)

I added one photo to each page in a gallery (randomly selected from images I downloaded from the forums). There is a link near the bottom of each page to add a photo to the gallery so it is easy for anyone to add a photo with a caption. :D

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Harneloot wrote:Great work on the wiki!

Would love to see a page on there dedicated to pieces that have been modded.

I may be able to take some pictures of the boxes for some of the small individual pieces sold as sets stuff. Am planning on doing a new inventory of all my stuff early next week with my son. He is only five and has no idea how many *secrets & treasures* dad actually has stashed in the basement - as of now he has pretty much only seen and played with the Dwarvenite stuff....can't wait to explore it all with him!
Sounds AWESOME. :D
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Great work on the wiki!

Would love to see a page on there dedicated to pieces that have been modded.

I may be able to take some pictures of the boxes for some of the small individual pieces sold as sets stuff. Am planning on doing a new inventory of all my stuff early next week with my son. He is only five and has no idea how many *secrets & treasures* dad actually has stashed in the basement - as of now he has pretty much only seen and played with the Dwarvenite stuff....can't wait to explore it all with him!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:07 am

Since there's more and more being written about Dwarven Forge and Stefan, maybe a section could be added, titled something like, "Dwarven Forge in the Media".

I could look at adding a page like this.

For instance, here's an article:
http://boingboing.net/2015/07/31/the-dw ... tarte.html
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Post by Teulisch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:17 am

it may be a good idea to add a category for pictures of builds people have posted, and keep a number of good examples of cool builds in one place there. another possible category would be mods, for those who have done modifications to their DF pieces.

I would tag by set, and leave it at that. including known prices (original, restock, and e-bay when out of stock) would also be useful in showing the value of resin over time. this could help collectors estimate the value of their collection, which could be useful for those looking to sell or buy.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:35 pm

One other thing...

Tags and/or categories. Very few of the pages have any tags, and I think the only tags defined at the moment are Pieces and Sets. We need more tags and we need the pages (and maybe the photos) tagged.

I am at a loss as to how we should tag them... :oops: Thought I would throw the topic out here for discussion... Having never had to build a tag library I am not certain how to go about it.

Start broad and go narrower? Maybe Dwarvenite, Resin. And tags for Cavern, Dungeon, Water, RotA, DoE, City, Secret, Promo... Perhaps Limited (or LTD)? Do we go as far as to create a tag for Wall, Floor, Door, Corner... Perhaps we create a tag for each set, by name or number, to tag the set page and each piece in the set. If a piece appears in more than one set it gets a tag for each one?

I *really* don't know what to do with this. Lets get some discussion going, and then maybe some help tagging the pages (and/or pictures).

http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Just a quick status update:

I believe the wiki now has at least one photo of every released SET that I am aware of (except the small resin sets and pieces sold separately and figure/accessory sets). :shock: Each of the Dwarvenite Cavern and Dungeon sets has its own page with a listing of pieces and more photos. 8-) Each resin dungeon and cavern set has a page with lists of pieces and a photo or two (I have more photos, but I can only do so much). The sci-fi sets, limited editions sets, parts and pieces, and figures/accessories (both dwarvenite and resin) do not have any sub pages yet. :cry:

Thanks to AnimeSensei I have an excellent list of the components of each resin set so building the pages for those sets won't take too long once I get to them.

I have hundreds of photos that I have downloaded from here (DF site and forums), eu, ebay and other places. I am wading through them and sorting them to make it easier to put them on the proper pages.

Anyway... take a look and give me your comments or feedback. Feel free to make any corrections or additions you like... The trick is clicking the edit button near the top left of the page. ;)

http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia