Dwarven Forge Collections Fan Wiki

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Dwarven Forge Collections Fan Wiki

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:40 am

I have been dabbling in the wiki...

I have limited myself to using images from the official DF Sites, Kickstarter pages, newsletters that I have been able to find, and photos I have taken myself. I would use photos from eBay, but don't want to make anyone angry... and it takes a lot of time to contact the sellers to ask permission. I have a few more photos left to post, but not many.

Being new to DF, my personal collection is relatively small. Nearly all my dwarvenite is unpainted, and I only have maybe half the various available pieces. In resin I have a Catacombs I set, a Room & Passage set, a Wicked Additions set and a few other parts and pieces that I have picked up here and there.

We need photos from the box labels and of individual pieces (from various angles). I can do the ones I have (but it will be some time before I can get to it). I also need help with the timeline. I have only been collecting a few months and have only been able to fill in what I could find on the websites and kickstarter pages.

The most complete set I have thus far is Dwarvenite, Cavern Sets, Kickstarter Stretch Goals. Eventually each piece will have a page with more info, photos and maybe a ruler to show size...

Anyway, have a look. Offer comments. Make some updates.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 pm

This is a fantastic start! Thank you for kicking it off. Hopefully others will join in to share the workload a bit.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 pm

I have started adding pages and a (very) few items to the site...

It looks like it organizes all the pages at one level, it is up to us to lay out a hierarchy of pages through our links... is that right? :idea: As such I am naming the pages as if they were placed in a hierarchy... for example: Dwarvenite_Cavern_Floor_Pack for the name of the page detailing the Dwarvenite Cavern Floor Pack.

It looks like the wikia pages can also utilize standard html code if you edit the source of the page instead of using their built-in tools (alternate table borders, etc...) :geek:

Take a look at what I have done... not much yet... it is kinda tedious (or am I missing something?).

I also e-mailed Dwarven Forge asking permission to use images from the site and maybe for access to some images that are no longer available.

Jay and Suzy may be working with us a bit. :-)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Dwarven Forge Collections Fan Wiki

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 pm

I thought that discussion related to the wiki should have it's own thread. Please move this to a different sub-forum if this isn't the right place.

Here is the link to the Wiki. Anyone is welcome to pitch in. Unfortunately I don't have time to do much except try to encourage and organize people to contribute.

http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia