GREEN STUFF Mods to Dwarvenite

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: GREEN STUFF Mods to Dwarvenite

Post by William » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Dungeon Gray sounds like Base Gray, let's not call it gray so Stefan gets that it's the actual color of Dwarvenite. Dwarvenite Black Base might be better. There was confusion after KS1 calling the color we wanted gray, because there is a Base Gray color already. ;) Thanks :)
Maybe Dwarvenite Umber-Black?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:51 pm

+1 on Dungeon Gray

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 am

I think I see what you're going with on those back tiles. Cool idea. And I really like the idea of modding the repetitive tiles to add more variety!

And I'd like to add my voice to the camp requesting a base Dwarvenite color! Unfortunately I doubt they would make it, since I know the paints are expensive to produce (I don't think he makes anything off them), and it would be of limited usefulness.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:14 am

Nice!

Great minds think alike :)

The base Dv color would be a nice addition. I prime any of the tiles I mod with GS, so not a must have for me...yet I've only done mods for the lava theme, I may rethink once I start painting modified cavern tiles. My theme for that is much lighter than "stock" DF theme.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

GREEN STUFF Mods to Dwarvenite

Post by William » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:45 am

This is a thread for anyone who wants to show their modifications to Dwarvenite Game Tiles and Caverns. The idea stems from pacarat's Lava Mods in this thread. http://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6485

In KS-2 I pledged for 10 sets of Unpainted Caverns & 5 Cavern River sets + other add-ons and have been in the process of moding them to give me more variety for layouts and also diminish the repetitive look of walls and floors made from one type of wall or floor in larger layouts. I've also come up with some ideas that add even more water into some areas of the cavern. As most of you know I like smaller pieces, so some mods were cutting pieces with X-ACTO knives into 1x2's and other shapes, some are removing parts and some add to the tiles. I even saved some stones and stalagmites removed from walls and floors to add to other tiles. I'll show those in later posts too.

Even if ya'll add posts of your mods to this thread, I will keep adding more posts of the various stages of my own mods (possibly up to final painting, we'll see) over time as more things get finished. I was going to throw it all up when they were all done and painted, but I have gone a little green-stuff-crazy and now have planned on mods to almost half my tiles. So it could have been more than a year before I got them finished. Also the Forum has had a dearth of picture threads lately, so I will do it now.

First off is the standard Cavern Floor Tile A -

I know spinning the tile helps mix things up, but my layout was purposeful to show the most extreme in floors lining up.
Cav Fl Mod 001.jpg
Cav Fl Mod 001.jpg (277.54 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Cav Fl Mod 002.jpg
Cav Fl Mod 002.jpg (236.78 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Cav Fl Mod 003.jpg
Cav Fl Mod 003.jpg (230.52 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Cav Fl Mod 004.jpg
Cav Fl Mod 004.jpg (201.84 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
The last picture shows something near the back that I will spell out in a later post. There are two tiles in the first picture with same kind of modification as these.
Cav Fl Mod 005.jpg
Cav Fl Mod 005.jpg (183.25 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Have fun with this and add your own green-stuff mods.

PS - This is one reason of many, why I think we NEED a new paint colour added to the Pokorny Paint line.
------------ Standard Off Black Dwarvenite Base Coat ------------
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )