City builder additions

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Re: City builder additions

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:56 am

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I'm going to be asking you for those STL files!

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:36 pm

So I have another project that I thought was interesting. Buildings don't just pop out of the ground, not even with CBS (well maybe some do). It's possible to add posts to make these look more permanent and secure. But I wanted to go for something that looked temporary and precarious. These could be used for ruins under repair. And they make for a very dynamic combat scene.

Builders need scaffolding:

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:26 am

Great intro! Welcome!
Please keep us in the know on your projects, very inspiring! :)

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Nice work Oddbender:)

Welcome to the forums!

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Good tips on materials! I've only used PLA so far, but will keep this in mind when I start playing around with it.

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 am

ebrandeis wrote:
oddbender wrote:
ebrandeis wrote:Are you willing to share your STL files? I'd like to print a few of my own and this would save me the time of modeling them up from scratch.
I need to root through my files; it's been a while since I worked with those. Are you interested in anything in particular?
No, just would like to try some alternate window inserts for my CBS now that I have a 3D printer. I did a quick web search and didn't find anything out there, so I'd like to try your insert and/or start making my own.

Many thanks!
I'll try to put the windows and maybe an improved floor plug up on Thingiverse as soon as I get the time. On a related note about the window inserts, I've found that using flexible filament really make a difference in the insert performance. It's a lot easier to insert and remove from the windows. And I'm less concerned about messing up the paint job. Any filament works, but my preferences for this print are Flex, PETG, ABS, and then PLA, in that order.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 pm

oddbender wrote:
ebrandeis wrote:Are you willing to share your STL files? I'd like to print a few of my own and this would save me the time of modeling them up from scratch.
I need to root through my files; it's been a while since I worked with those. Are you interested in anything in particular?
No, just would like to try some alternate window inserts for my CBS now that I have a 3D printer. I did a quick web search and didn't find anything out there, so I'd like to try your insert and/or start making my own.

Many thanks!

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:56 pm

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Are you willing to share your STL files? I'd like to print a few of my own and this would save me the time of modeling them up from scratch.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Absolutely love these window inserts! Would be a great addition to a future DF KS.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity