Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

User avatar
LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Audles wrote:@Lady, If you ever get bored of your other million, awesome projects... I'd love to see a painting guide for your paint schemes. Those look really great! Thanks for sharing!
You can find the info you're after here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5876
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

User avatar
Audles
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:32 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by Audles » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:03 pm

@Lady, If you ever get bored of your other million, awesome projects... I'd love to see a painting guide for your paint schemes. Those look really great! Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
Stormfury
Orc
Orc
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by Stormfury » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks for posting up. Really enjoying seeing the paint schemes.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

cyberpenguin
Goblin
Goblin
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by cyberpenguin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Also, if you look at Stefan's KS1 dungeon tutorials, I believe he had examples of sandstone and a reddish rock.

cyberpenguin
Goblin
Goblin
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by cyberpenguin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I love the gold ones. I saved back two sets of my caverns for what I labelled as "ores". I'm hoping to mix in a little copper and verdigris near the water features.

User avatar
LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by LadySabelle » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:07 pm

For caverns I have 3 different paint schemes. I've posted them all before in another thread, but I thought it would be easier just to repost them here.
This first one has bits of gold running through the rock.
Image
ImageImage

The second is an attempt at red rock. I can't wait to get the mountain packs because I want to use this scheme on them!
Image
Image
Image
Image

And the third is underdark.
Image
Image
Image

I actually have a 4th scheme, but it's not finished yet.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

User avatar
unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:47 am
Location: usa

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by unclebilly » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Underdark

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1550
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:32 pm

Very nice! Love the moss on the dungeon tiles!
Looking forward to the step by step photos!

I am getting anxious to break out my paints and start painting all my DF (dungeons, caverns, city)... too much real life to do first. <sigh>

cyberpenguin
Goblin
Goblin
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by cyberpenguin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:58 pm

For the dungeons, so far I followed a color scheme similar to what Stefan showed in the videos.

But, I picked out about 1 in 20 (5%) of my pieces and added a few random moss and water effects so that every now and then there would be a different look to a piece. Below are the pieces together. When separate and mixed amongst the other 95% it doesn't look so watery or mossy.
Attachments
20150924_002109.jpg
20150924_002109.jpg (348.76 KiB) Viewed 5008 times
20150924_002309.jpg
20150924_002309.jpg (351.15 KiB) Viewed 5008 times

cyberpenguin
Goblin
Goblin
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: Custom Paint Schemes / Ideas - All Sets

Post by cyberpenguin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

I'm just finishing up my CBS streets. Since this picture the darker green has received a light leaf drybrush. The forest moss still needs a sporadic lemonade drybrush. I took pictures at each stage, along with the paints I used. Someday I'll get them posted.
Attachments
20160329_210019.jpg
20160329_210019.jpg (459.56 KiB) Viewed 4654 times

Post Reply

Return to “Game Tiles Collector Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests