Archimagus' Sanctum (Bits and Pieces)

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Re: Archimagus' Sanctum (Bits and Pieces)

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Tavern Beds by Scotia Grendel. Cast in resin.
Attachments
Tavern Beds (Scotio Grendel).jpg
Tavern Beds (Scotio Grendel).jpg (550.06 KiB) Viewed 3501 times

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 pm

villagers from Reaper Bones.
Attachments
Tavern Townsfolk (Reaper Bones).jpg
Tavern Townsfolk (Reaper Bones).jpg (410.08 KiB) Viewed 3540 times

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Tavern Folk by Miniature Building Authority. Most of these figures are based on Reaper figures, they came painted and I think they are from one of the MBA kickstarters.
Attachments
Tavern Folk (MBA).jpg
Tavern Folk (MBA).jpg (405.96 KiB) Viewed 3653 times

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 pm

A collection of tavern folk figures from Paizo, part of their Rusty Dragon Inn collectible miniatures series.
Attachments
Tavern Folk (Paizo).jpg
Tavern Folk (Paizo).jpg (461.27 KiB) Viewed 4095 times

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Tavern Kitchen by Scotia Grendel, cast in resin.
Attachments
Tavern Kitchen (Scotio Grendel).jpg
Tavern Kitchen (Scotio Grendel).jpg (476.69 KiB) Viewed 4210 times

WhiskeyandPeaches
Goblin
Goblin

Post by WhiskeyandPeaches » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:22 am

@Archimagus Thanks so much for posting all these great ideas!

With the imminent arrival of KS4, I realized I don't have near enough pieces to furnish the castle of my dreams. I also don't have time to learn how to paint it that quickly. I'm confident I can learn to paint, but for now I'm prioritizing immediate play-ability.

Any recommendations for pre-painted furniture? I already have a couple of the DF Dungeon Dressing packs, but I need more variety. What are your experiences with J. A. Hecker's Flights of Fancy? Any advice would be appreciated.

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:24 am

WhiskeyandPeaches wrote:@Archimagus Thanks so much for posting all these great ideas!

With the imminent arrival of KS4, I realized I don't have near enough pieces to furnish the castle of my dreams. I also don't have time to learn how to paint it that quickly. I'm confident I can learn to paint, but for now I'm prioritizing immediate play-ability.

Any recommendations for pre-painted furniture? I already have a couple of the DF Dungeon Dressing packs, but I need more variety. What are your experiences with J. A. Hecker's Flights of Fancy? Any advice would be appreciated.
Have not bought any JA Heckler's stuff. Personally I do not buy any plaster stuff because it just does not last. Thomarillion used to be made in plaster so I stopped buying it. He has since switched to resin so I have started buying again. It cost too much to recast the items in resin and now I dont have to. My father was a dentist/orthodontist so I have a long history of making stuff with hydrostone/plaster. Its just too brittle for my needs.

But if its cast in resin and painted, sounds like a winning combination.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm

JA Hecker's stuff is in plaster. And it does chip with use; I think it's hydrostone.

However, his detail work with his books and other tiny items is AWESOME. I highly recommend those. They are some of my favorite detail pieces in my collection. They are not made of plaster, but real paper and other bits.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:22 pm

All plaster is not the same.I have found that resin can chip as easily has some plaster products.Resin is never as soft as plaster of paris.A hydrostone hamer would last longer than a resin hammer. A PVC hammer would be too soft for nails but would be difficult to break.That, however, is a pointless argument. My hydrostone cast are as good as resin.Gluing together hundreds of small blocks makes the tiles often impractical to transport.

More from Grendel in the transport foam.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Oldent wrote:All plaster is not the same.I have found that resin can chip as easily has some plaster products.Resin is never as soft as plaster of paris.A hydrostone hamer would last longer than a resin hammer. A PVC hammer would be too soft for nails but would be difficult to break.That, however, is a pointless argument. My hydrostone cast are as good as resin.Gluing together hundreds of small blocks makes the tiles often impractical to transport.

More from Grendel in the transport foam.
Does any of those doors actually open?
Also I've seen the Grendel kitcher seem to align perfectly well with the top of the dungeon wall wich is pretty cool. Do you know if that's the case with the Thomarillion kitchen set too?

Return to “Game Tiles Collector Mods”