City Builder Street Test Paint Job

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: City Builder Street Test Paint Job

Post by GODofwar » Thu May 18, 2017 10:10 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 pm
And here I am in Japan. I get back to the USA once every three years or so, though I am coming back for three weeks this summer to help me son settle into studying in the USA for a year.

Just in time to order KSIV and carry it back with me.
Where's he going to school?

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 pm

And here I am in Japan. I get back to the USA once every three years or so, though I am coming back for three weeks this summer to help me son settle into studying in the USA for a year.

Just in time to order KSIV and carry it back with me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu May 18, 2017 9:51 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm
Both of you, STOP. I"m stuck in Flatland (midwest) after may years in Seattle.
Well, you're welcome to come back to the coast to see how much average property prices have gotten, i.e ridiculously unaffordable for everybody not making 5-10x the median income.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 am
Kryzsko wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 am
Thanks everyone for your help. It did help me to fine tune things. Half the reason I get these sets is the fun project of painting them. I caught the painting bug thanks to KS1 and now it's my favorite hobby when the weather here in western Washington is bad (October through July :D ) I also like the idea of passing these down to my son and him knowing that I painted them. I hope he gets a big house for all this stuff.
I'm just a little north of you in Vancouver, where in summer lately the weather's been less wet and more warm. I paint on my balcony in the natural light and fresh air so am looking forward to June (as long as my KS4 shows up).
Both of you, STOP. I"m stuck in Flatland (midwest) after may years in Seattle.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 am

William wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:34 am
When my wife checked the temps for tomorrow, she grumbled and said 'It's going to be 71". That made me laugh, thinking holly cow that isn't even that warm, she really likes the colder weather. She even sleeps with the window open when it's below freezing. Her family has native American Indian in her background from a tribe up by Bellingham. I swear it's really an offshoot of Eskimo or Inuit. :lol:
My favorite temps are between 65 and 75 but just not raining. I don't even care if it is sunny. The other thing is that if we go a month without rain I start to miss it. Some form of Stockholm syndrome? I do love all the green and that takes rain to maintain. My assistant is part native Alaskan, I will have to ask her if she sleeps with the window open in the winter :) .

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 18, 2017 4:34 am

When my wife checked the temps for tomorrow, she grumbled and said 'It's going to be 71". That made me laugh, thinking holly cow that isn't even that warm, she really likes the colder weather. She even sleeps with the window open when it's below freezing. Her family has native American Indian in her background from a tribe up by Bellingham. I swear it's really an offshoot of Eskimo or Inuit. :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 am

William wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 am
Kryzsko wrote:
when the weather here in western Washington is bad (October through July :D )
I would wholeheartedly disagree, my wife and I love this weather.
I moved here for the wet weather and green everywhere, I hate when it gets over 72.
Coming from Central California and a few stints in Nevada, I would have melted away years ago if I hadn't escaped.
Would you prefer the term wet to bad. I have lived in WW all my life (except for 3 years from age 6-9 in Montana). I love this area but this year we set a record for rainfall. I have had enough for a while. I want to get outside. It is suppose to be great this weekend and 80 on Monday. The rain does not stop me completely but I could use some dry weather. I have some biking I want to do. I also have some other painting I needed to do and it involves my garage and my deck and I need dry for that. I do not however want to live any place else and definitely not Nevada. I do have Spring fever and want to be outdoors.

Winter is my painting and gaming season.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 am

Kryzsko wrote:
Thanks everyone for your help. It did help me to fine tune things. Half the reason I get these sets is the fun project of painting them. I caught the painting bug thanks to KS1 and now it's my favorite hobby when the weather here in western Washington is bad (October through July :D ) I also like the idea of passing these down to my son and him knowing that I painted them. I hope he gets a big house for all this stuff.
I'm just a little north of you in Vancouver, where in summer lately the weather's been less wet and more warm. I paint on my balcony in the natural light and fresh air so am looking forward to June (as long as my KS4 shows up).

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 am

Kryzsko wrote:
when the weather here in western Washington is bad (October through July :D )
I would wholeheartedly disagree, my wife and I love this weather.
I moved here for the wet weather and green everywhere, I hate when it gets over 72.
Coming from Central California and a few stints in Nevada, I would have melted away years ago if I hadn't escaped.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 am