iPaint's Ongoing Kickstarter Paint Log

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: iPaint's Ongoing Kickstarter Paint Log

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 pm

The city builder seems a bit brighter to me, but looks great.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 am

Looks great to me.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:18 am

Color is spot on - it is just the shape/orientation of the stones that makes them not blend seamlessly together. Great job!

iPaint
Orc
Orc

iPaint's Ongoing Kickstarter Paint Log

Post by iPaint » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am

Here's a working paint log for my Kickstarter 1, 3, and 4 stone and mountains painting progress. If you've not already seen my other posts, check em out here.

Start on Wizard's Outpost

Erinthor Mountains

This was a test to see if I could match a Wizard's Outpost and one 4" section of double thick walls with KS3 crenelations to my previous KS3 City Builder stone sets.

Think it turned out pretty close imo. The castle walls, being Gorgonite, are a little more shallow than the Dwarvenite CBS pieces, so the depth of detail is a bit less. However, Golden Acrylics to the rescue! They are very subtle, and can be applied in successive layers to really add some needed drybrush depth. For future Gorgonite pieces, I'll leave more of the base Fired Earth color underneath (yes, I'm painting all my KS4 grey pieces to the dark black-brown color mentioned here.

I'll be finishing up the rest tomorrow, airbrush started to get too clogged tonight so letting it rest and hitting it again tomorrow to finish the tower pieces and do any remaining touch ups.

~iPaint