Round roof at Michaels

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Re: Round roof at Michaels

Post by Thunder » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:18 pm

I tried a bunch of Michaels with no luck. If anybody in the USA could pick a couple up, I would appreciate it and pay for the shipping to me.

Seems like a great "hut" kind of roof.

Peace

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 am

William wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:23 am
I didn't use a power drill, NO, no, just a very small diameter bit into tip of roof with fingers. Then I stepped up to the flagpole diameter (it's pretty small too). But just start with a good bit so it grabs easier. If you have a pin vise, use that. I just didn't need it because some of my small bits have quarter inch hex flange for better grip in a chuck, or handle, but they also work fine with fingers only. Good luck... :)
Getting a pin vise around here was rough. No one knew what I was talking about. Not even the guys at HobbyTown USA. None of the hardware store folks knew what it was, no one knew what I was talking about. I found one on the shelf at a place that had sworn they didn't even exist. Love the thing, it has proven very handy.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:34 pm

astolat wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 pm
I went back and got some more myself and spotted that they ALSO have a miniature "sand castle" that looks exactly like a few KS4 towers with battlements. Got it to paint up for a "war table" to go with the miniature dungeon from KS5. :D
Nice! I picked up a couple treasure chests, one that fits the size of my minis and one larger for my giants from Bones III. Can't wait to run a giant campaign. :) A ton of painting left to do though...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 pm

I went back and got some more myself and spotted that they ALSO have a miniature "sand castle" that looks exactly like a few KS4 towers with battlements. Got it to paint up for a "war table" to go with the miniature dungeon from KS5. :D

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:27 am

My Michaels had 3 of these, so I grabbed them along with some tall trees that were 70% off as well. So appreciative of the posting here!

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:49 am

Looks good. I wonder how the KS4 small steps would work with this. I think it might make the window look like a real door.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:23 am

I didn't use a power drill, NO, no, just a very small diameter bit into tip of roof with fingers. Then I stepped up to the flagpole diameter (it's pretty small too). But just start with a good bit so it grabs easier. If you have a pin vise, use that. I just didn't need it because some of my small bits have quarter inch hex flange for better grip in a chuck, or handle, but they also work fine with fingers only. Good luck... :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:01 am

William, what did you use to drill them? I saw your pics with the accessories and I'd love to do the same but I am dubious about pulling out my power drill for these things. :P

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks for posting. Might visit Michael's tonight and see about picking up a few. :)

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 am

I bought two for my for Darkest Africa / Pulp thatch huts...