TEASER!

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Re: TEASER!

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

I didnt think they would become obsolete I may not have worded it correctly. I am hoping that the core set is mainly walls to build a base structure I would think it would be alot of pieces to build the outer structure as well as the rooms inside the castle if that makes more sense.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:35 am

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower wrote:These look great I cant wait for the next KS I am hoping though with the diversity they are talking about the core set focuses more on the exterior of a castle and that I can build the interior (halls, rooms etc.) with the dungeon tiles I already have. Or do you think the interior will work on the same kinda system as KS3 pegs and inserts?
Castles isn't going to suddenly make the other sets obsolete.... Don't worry, everything shown so far has been showing off the outer curtain wall and gatehouse with towers... which necessarily requires it's own modified system of building for a whole host of reasons. But the outer wall doesn't affect what can be built on the inside so your previous sets are more than usable.

I think you'll be really excited with some of the pieces that have yet to be revealed and that should further enhance previous sets.
Last edited by jchunick on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:24 am

These look great I cant wait for the next KS I am hoping though with the diversity they are talking about the core set focuses more on the exterior of a castle and that I can build the interior (halls, rooms etc.) with the dungeon tiles I already have. Or do you think the interior will work on the same kinda system as KS3 pegs and inserts?

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:08 pm

dmalcolm wrote:
dmalcolm wrote:For myself, I'd love to be able to do the 14th century Tower of London:
http://johnsmilitaryhistory.com/tower1335.html
or the 16th century version:
http://johnsmilitaryhistory.com/tower1547.html
(one of the few castles I know of with more than two wards: three and four wards, respectively)

But my budget definitely won't stretch to that :(
Replying to myself; squinting at it on Google maps, the outer ward of the Tower of London looks to be about 210 yards along each side, which (if I've got my sums right) at Dwarven Forge scale would be about 10 feet along each side - and that's just the outer wall. That would be a *lot* of Dwarvenite (and bigger than my gaming room...) Oh well :)
210 yards = 3 ft. per yard x 210 = 630 ft. / 5 ft. = 126 1-inch squares / 4 squares per wall section = 31.5 wall sections per side for a 20 foot high (30 ft. with battlements) wall. If you wanted a taller wall then double or triple that.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

dmalcolm
Kobold
Kobold

Post by dmalcolm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:59 pm

dmalcolm wrote:For myself, I'd love to be able to do the 14th century Tower of London:
(one of the few castles I know of with more than two wards: three and four wards, respectively)

Replying to myself; squinting at it on Google maps, the outer ward of the Tower of London looks to be about 210 yards along each side, which (if I've got my sums right) at Dwarven Forge scale would be about 10 feet along each side - and that's just the outer wall. That would be a *lot* of Dwarvenite (and bigger than my gaming room...) Oh well :)

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:28 pm

@Dmalcolm, those will be grand. Looks like it is headed our way like an F5 Hurricane!
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:17 pm

My guess is that there will be lots of various pledge levels... I am expecting something like this:

Tower pledge level (choice of round or square),
The Two Towers pledge level (one of each - or maybe a choice),
Gate House and Two Towers pledge level.
Fortification pledge level (to include walls with gate house and towers)
Full Castle (to include fortification and whatever else they come up with for a rough castle build)

Possibly pledge levels for various other things like castle/village specialty buildings, out doors scenery... maybe even a pledge level themed for each previous kickstarter that combines some of the new add-ons into a single pledge level (for those who don't want castles).

Then lots and lots of add-ons...

Mountain add-on
Curtain Wall add-on (more walls for larger builds if I understood they may be able to stack as well)
Walls and floors for towers add-on (to make them taller)
Cathedral/Temple add-on
Stables/other specialty building add-on
Various other Castle add-ons (whatever is needed beyond towers and tall walls)
Battlements add-on
Castle Furnishings add-ons (canopy beds, tapestries, suits of armor, carpets, kitchen stoves and tables, etc...)
City Furnishings add-ons (stores, homes, smithy, temple, etc...)
Castle People (possibly more then one set... kitchen and wait staff, royalty, stables and grounds staff, visitors, merchants, temple staff, etc...)

They made a mountain/bluff... so perhaps there are other outside add-ons like trees/hedges/fences/lawns/gardens...

Plus all the cavern, city, and dungeon add-ons that they come up with....

And that is only the beginning.

Kiss my savings good bye! (I really didn't want to retire anyway, right?)

dmalcolm
Kobold
Kobold

Post by dmalcolm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:00 pm

For myself, I'd love to be able to do the 14th century Tower of London:

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

I am hoping that we have square and round curtain wall style towers, a double tower gate house, a massive round keep, drawbridge, moat, & sally ports. Something that we can use to do something like this:

Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:36 pm

OMG, all this pics... I am starting to feel like my wallet needs to be put in a safety deposit box for a month...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity