A - THE KS-IV PATROL HQ

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: A - THE KS-IV PATROL HQ

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:01 am

Alkettory wrote:So we're going to be a mob of friendly peasants with pitch forks and torches? :D
Well, LED torches and dwarvenite pitchforks are not the scariest things.

I am not really a big fan of this idea, so I'll be staying away. Good luck all.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:50 am

Alkettory wrote:So we're going to be a mob of friendly peasants with pitch forks and torches? :D
Hey, at DF we do things differently. :-)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Alkettory
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alkettory » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:48 am

So we're going to be a mob of friendly peasants with pitch forks and torches? :D

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:46 pm

It won't become visible until after the KS launch.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:46 pm

There will be an open Questions forum thread that I would like to try and keep strictly to asking questions as none of them will be answered there. Then I will have my own subforum under KS4 that will be read only where I will be posting all answers in threads dedicated to specific topics.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I think having a "patrol" could look too fanboy/fangirl-ish and less credible. Just my $0.02.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:31 pm

I think using a patrol to help and point people in the direction of FAQs or answers is a very good idea. This is basically an extension of what jenneyOC did and other people have done in the past, just slightly more formalised. However, if it is used as an anti-troll weapon to crush dissent I do not think that is ever a good idea.

But the is good news, less the 24 hours until launch. Excited.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:07 pm

JenneyOC wrote:You can also direct them to ME for cataloging of 'questions' to be answered. Most are answered though some are skipped by choices out of my control, but I can guarantee that they will be at least on the daily report of question to Nate.
Jenney, please give me the address you prefer to use I can put in the Regs to people can do this.

Also, if the 'Patrol' idea does not work for Stefan & Co, just delete this thread. The idea was to keep KSIV moving ahead with minimal trolling and negativity. You y'all don't think it will do that, kill it.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

FelixDraconis
Goblin
Goblin

Post by FelixDraconis » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:08 pm

If we have another issue with 'grids' or 'sizes' it would be good to have a formal statement - probably right there in the FAQ. That way, people can like it or not, but they'll accept a decision has been made.

Up until making decisions like that opinions should be solicited, but after that...

For instance, I felt bad about all my old tiles not being the 'right size' until someone actually measured different types of pieces and realized that the new city tiles are correctly 2". The old ones (such as caverns) were incorrect. Sad but far more acceptable moving forward to fix a possibly longstanding error.

(Mind you, there are still a few remaining errors with things like streets that you guys should work on. The smaller brick tiles are not the same size as the 2x2 street blocks. Hopefully the explanation there is that new tiles won't have an issue or that you've realized it's an unavoidable issue with the mold process.)

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:56 pm

I think the forum trogs should just help out with questions, perhaps help JenneyOC and point people to existing answers. Forum trogs should just act in a positive manner, using "Fans" to quell dissent could backfire and make flame wars worse.

The best answer/clarification should come from Valoria ideally on the KS FAQ or linked to the DF forum. I think if the change in grid was explained on day 1, gridgate would not have occurred or at least been less of a deal. For some of people this was a big change, myself included, and the rationale for this change needed to be clearly explained. DF could have done a better job in this regard. If there are items or changes in KS4 that might be controversial then DF needs a response before it happens. There will always be criticism and differences in opinions and wants and you can't please everyone, but you can explain and justify your decisions.

That said, I'm foaming at the mouth for KS4, my wallet is cowering in fear and my wife is shaking her head. I have arranged to work from home and I'm getting up at 4:30am. So I can watch the Kickstarter launch and see all the beans.