A - THE KS-IV PATROL HQ

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Re: A - THE KS-IV PATROL HQ

Post by dafrca » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:27 pm

While I believe the intent of this is good, I don't believe formalizing a defense squad is a good idea. If just feels like a digital brute squad of sorts.

I also believe answers should be given only when facts are known. For example, pointing someone to the update where an answer was given is helpful.

I think it would be most helpful to just make sure honest questions and criticisms are added to JenneyOC to be added to her daily postings. True troll postings and comments should be ignored and reported to the DF forum admin.

Just my opinions of course. :-)

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:12 pm

You can also direct them to ME for cataloging of 'questions' to be answered. Most are answered though some are skipped by choices out of my control, but I can guarantee that they will be at least on the daily report of question to Nate.

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 pm

International shipping was a big deal last year, and again this year. If we could get a formal post breaking down the additional costs for backers to see that DF really is doing all they can for them I think it would help a lot.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 pm

I concur when a Trog has rock solid info.

Maybe an alternative is for DF to nominate a few more Trogs this go around as official troubleshooters (with snappy logos) who have the ability to contact DF on the Valorian Red-phone and then get the ground-truth out on the KS comments section.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 pm

lostpict wrote:+1 lastfighter; the trogs probably don't have the information to really answer most concerns. Use this to alert DF of incoming fire and let the well informed DF team stave off the vampires.
The brewing thread on EU shipping is a great example of a bunch of wellmeaning folks trying to defend KS3 and potential KS4 EU shipping policy without any actual confirmed info, but instead a lot if speculation. It ends up just being spin unless DF speaks.
Partly agree, Lostpict. The Forum Trogs should only answer objections we are qualified to answer. But a lot of complaints in the last KS could be at least partly answered by "DwF always pays attention to feedback" or "DwF has always taken care of problems I've had right away"

We are qualified to make those kinds of answers. And many others more complex.

Having said that, if the DwF hierarchy thinks the Patrol is a bad idea, let's not do it. Nate at least wasn't opposed!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 am

+1 lastfighter; the trogs probably don't have the information to really answer most concerns. Use this to alert DF of incoming fire and let the well informed DF team stave off the vampires.

The brewing thread on EU shipping is a great example of a bunch of wellmeaning folks trying to defend KS3 and potential KS4 EU shipping policy without any actual confirmed info, but instead a lot if speculation. It ends up just being spin unless DF speaks.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

LastFighter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LastFighter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:29 am

I think the intent of this is well mentioned but wouldn't this give the appearance of a polite dogpile at complaints ?

If the complainer in question is trolling, then you are giving fuel to the fire because they want that very reaction you will be organizing here.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

A - THE KS-IV PATROL HQ

Post by GODofwar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:48 pm

It was suggested elsewhere that complaints hurt KS-III. We want lots of buyers for KS-IV so our rewards go up. THEREFORE....

KS-IV PATROL REGULATIONS
updated 6Ma16-1430 CST
1-Purpose: Post here when a complaint is filed in the KS-IV board. Try to give some location data so people can find it.
2-Please don't use this thread for anything but KS-IV Patrol complaint notices. This is a request only, I don't run things here.
3-Fellow Trogs, I urge all of you to check here periodically, and go to a complaint to reply.
4-NEW-Post any comments you see to Jenny at her thread at the start of the KS4 board. If the complaint require hard info for DwF, let her handle it.
5-Replies should be civil, factual and helpful. IF a complaint says, "DwF is ignoring us" post your own experiences to the contrary - possibly with a short note that DwF can't change the whole KS every time one comment comes in.
6-Indicate how long you've been buying DwF (maybe list how many KS you have supported as well) and whether you regularly post to the Forum. Be a proud Forum Trog!
7-If you post a reply, come back here, quote the original complaint posting, and let us know you replied. That should prevent any 'piling on'.

That's it. If we answer complaints with facts and civility they should be blunted.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
Last edited by GODofwar on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WeaselWarGod