Battlements dammit!

glynnsmith
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Battlements dammit!

Post by glynnsmith » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:11 pm

natetaylor wrote: We're revisiting the big machicolated battlements and how they affix.

I'm not happy with how they're working currently.

I think I have a better solution.

Please have patience until the PM.
That is good to hear that you are already on it.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:55 am

natetaylor wrote:
William wrote:Question for DF, Nate or whoever -

I missed the last few weeks, due to computer DEATH.

Will the larger straight battlements work without platforms or castle type walls?

The battlements look unbalanced in video of the resin per-production pieces. I know they mentioned magnets, but what do they hold tight to? Does the platform have the metal plate in it? I'm thinking of passing on the castle walls and platforms (low funds), but getting the larger battlements to set on top of narrow passages from previous KSs if it will work. Will they just topple off the wall without magnets?

Thanks, Bill
We're revisiting the big machicolated battlements and how they affix.

Thanks for the update. Patience applied. :)
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:33 am

Will the larger straight battlements work without platforms or castle type walls?

The battlements look unbalanced in video of the resin per-production pieces. I know they mentioned magnets, but what do they hold tight to? Does the platform have the metal plate in it? I'm thinking of passing on the castle walls and platforms (low funds), but getting the larger battlements to set on top of narrow passages from previous KSs if it will work. Will they just topple off the wall without magnets?

Thanks, Bill
We're revisiting the big machicolated battlements and how they affix.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:33 am

Thanks, Bill
They briefly showed the battlements on a straight wall made up of cube spacers and I have to say it kind of made me question whether or not I want to grab some of these as well. While I understand they will likely fix the issue of them sticking (magnets?) to the KS IV stuff, the concern I have is that the solution won't be backwards compatible with my KS III and KS I pieces. While I love these pieces visually, I'm not so sure I'll get any now.

Here is the video @ the time Nate puts the piece on the wall.
https://youtu.be/-XjrdLrlOSc?t=2964
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:25 am

Question for DF, Nate or whoever -

Thanks, Bill
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:41 pm

bernyleung wrote: Or maybe they've found other things to dump out of their cauldrons, like dinner leftovers, bathwater, black puddings or other oozes in stasis, or any number of Monty Python-esque stuff.
Oh, i am Sooo going to drop an ooze out on a party... what a deliciously wicked way to make them look down while they are being attacked from above!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Kryzsko wrote:I wish there were battlement (not crenalations) that had the cutout for the towers.
Same here... really wish there was a way I could replace all crenelations with battlements.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:06 pm

Well, maybe we can take the oil cauldrons out of the crenellations and let the Valorians make lots and lots of soup.

Or maybe they've found other things to dump out of their cauldrons, like dinner leftovers, bathwater, black puddings or other oozes in stasis, or any number of Monty Python-esque stuff.

DonTheDime
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DonTheDime » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:30 pm

Let's not forget that the accessory crenellations are meant to be used with more than just the oil cauldron. Like those wood shutters in the stretch goals.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:28 pm

I wish there were battlement (not crenalations) that had the cutout for the towers. Right now to go around 4 towers I need to transiton to a crenelation on both sides, so I need 8 tower cutout crenelations and 8 battlement to crenelation pieces. This is kind of silly, and there is no good way to even get those pieces. The Straight CA pack does not have the right number of needed pieces and too many of other pieces.