Question about addons only pledge

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Re: Question about addons only pledge

Post by marcoreds » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Thank you Biowiz, I do understand that, I guess my situation is a particular one.

I'll wait to find the addons in the EU shop, I read somewhere in the comments most will be available retail sooner all later.

Thank you again.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:15 pm

marcoreds wrote: Guess I will have to pass...
Thank you again for your time
I had sent your question directly to Jay so that he could answer your question in time before the KS end. In your specific case, which would be a relatively small order, I guess you should wait until said product is directly in stock next year to save money. I personally understand why it would be hard to implement/program a shipping fee calculation scheme that would always optimize dynamically all orders to anywhere.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Thank you anyway for your answer.

It does come out odd how it's done, since the shipping of 4 pillars ends up costing as much as the shipping of a watchtower or a gatehouse, 16 pillars like a castle... but I guess that's how it goes, no chance for a lower pledge for now, only higher ones make sense shipping-wise for here.

Guess I will have to pass...

Thank you again for your time, ad GL!

DFAdmin
Kobold
Kobold

Post by DFAdmin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:37 pm

There is a base fee for shipping in the add-ons only level, because the add-on shipping charges assume they are added packing, weight (and taxes for most countries) added onto an existing package. So all charges are additive. (We know they are expensive and we wish we could make it cheaper for everyone, our ongoing apologies for the shipping costs.) If this isn't clear, the pledge calculator will specify all of this for you. Thanks very much.

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:21 pm

+1. I would love to know if this is correct or something that was not taken into account when the add-on only base pledge was added.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Question about addons only pledge

Post by marcoreds » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:29 am

Hello guys, I have a question about the add-ons only pledge level.
It involves EU matters, so please skip it if annoyed by that.

When I select the pledge level addons only, KS also adds in 38$ of shipping.

So what of the following two possibilities is true?

1- those 38$ are the minimum shipping expenses. Shipping costs up to that are covered, then you need to pay the extra.
Example: I want 1x Led Lantern Posts.
I bid: 20+38=58 for shipping and handling, then just 20 for the addon, the 10 for shipping are covered by the 38. So I pledge 78$
Example: I want 4x Led Lantern Posts.
I bid: 20+38=58, then 20x4=80 for the addons, then 2$ extra because the shipping for the lantern posts should be 10x4=40, only 38 of which is covered by the 38 included in the pledge level. So I pledge 80+60=140$.

2 - those 38$ are just an additional extra fee.
Example: I want 1x Led Lantern Posts.
I bid: 20+38=58 for the pledge level, then 20+10 for the addon. So I pledge 20+68=88$.
Example: I want 4x Led Lantern Posts.
I bid: 20+38=58, then 30x4=120 for the addons. So I pledge 80+98=178$.

Has it been said anywhere which of these is it?

Thank you in advance for your answers!