So -- KS5! Predictions, thoughts, hopes?

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: So -- KS5! Predictions, thoughts, hopes?

Post by biowizard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Null,

Official D&D maps have 3"*5" and 6"*9" rooms sometimes, not always 4"*4". Making any size of rooms by 1" inch increments would give a LOT of flexibility in building. Making 1"*2" cell, 3" wide corridors, 1" wide doors, etc... is what I would like Game Tiles to do.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

[quote="Law"]Just kidding! Posted this here just to @#$#@ with Nate and the rest of the team. It's probably a bit early to start barraging them with questions about next year's KS.
quote]

We knew about Castle KS during KS3...

The LEast Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
(do you guys finally get why I keep this in my signature block???)
WeaselWarGod

Null
Orc
Orc

Post by Null » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Dwarvenite Catacombs could also fit nicely into a broader dungeon-themed KS.
biowizard wrote:I've been advocating a LOT for advanced Game Tiles and I think I have reached the minimal number of pieces needed to make most builds in 1" increments instead of 2". Please tell DF, as I did, if you would also want such pieces.
One inch everywhere sounds a bit too fiddly, unless I misunderstand?

I personally wouldn't mind some "advanced build" sets with 1" symmetrical walls (imagining a 1/4" bit of floor on opposing sides) and floors of sizes anywhere between 1x2" and 8x8". Throw in some 1x1" bits for where walls meet. But that's me. Might be too radical for some.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Personally, I would love to see a smaller KS that is addons, house keeping, wicked additions, etc. for all the previous sets with perhaps the docks that were mentioned. This would allow for interest from previous backers and there might be a way they could do a limited reorder of dungeon or cavern sets for those that are new backers. Stefan would have to sick the number crunchers on it of course, but it might work out well.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:08 pm

pacarat wrote:Would be good if DF polled the community way in advance to get a feel for what folks are interested in.
Yeah, it'd be good to send out that poll to KS1 and KS2 backers. IE, what can be done to bring them back (aside from crazy deals).

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Would be good if DF polled the community way in advance to get a feel for what folks are interested in.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:32 pm

I've been advocating a LOT for advanced Game Tiles and I think I have reached the minimal number of pieces needed to make most builds in 1" increments instead of 2". Please tell DF, as I did, if you would also want such pieces.

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Here, here to everything stated above. I'll take it a bit further even, if KS5 is "our biggest one ever", then you can count me out. I'm a huge DF fan, but I won't spend more than I have on this KS. I know I could simply not have everything, but my clock doesn't tick like that. I'm more all or nothing, and KS4 was all that I am willing to give. Politely and respectfully asking for next KS to be on a smaller scale and back to basics.

Null
Orc
Orc

Post by Null » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Really hoping for a return to dungeons as well. Even continuing with the new, true 1" pieces, if there's enough new Dwarvenite to collect, the average difference between old and new might average out and squelch any of my potential "ScaleGate" complaints.

It would also be a good opportunity to supplement and revisit the themes and environments of the classic resin lines which can't be regularly kept in stock. New sculpts, of course, so as not to piss off the long-time resin collectors. ;-)

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Yeah, I really hope the next few years are lower price points + basics. We need more blood, hitting 2m with a shrinking base was never sustainable. My wallet would like a breather to catch up on all the Caverns, City Builder and Castle stuff I currently can't afford!