Experts wanted - the 4000 bucks question

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Experts wanted - the 4000 bucks question

Post by GattoNero25 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:40 pm

@Vegomatic, so not go with a citadel inside walls, but with Castle inside walls and 2 MWOD´s, right ?

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:03 pm

With regard to MWODs, the purchasing option I am considering for a GC is to buy a lesser inside wall pack (castle - because it gives me the corner pieces) and fill the difference with MWODs (2 packs will fill out the citadel). It is also 2 dollars cheaper. :-) Every penny counts, right?

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:42 pm

The MWOD are also our best bet for ruined walls at this point - consider combining them with the Stone "Ruins" pack from KS3 for this purpose. Many of the Ruined walls are designed to fit inside slots, which the MWOD should have.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:11 pm

The MOWDs are effectively "inside" walls... with respect to purchase planning - due to the fact that they do not come with wall platforms or wall spacers.

To maximize usage of pieces buy them with a straight wall pack (both are sets of 4). Since all the 4 inch walls are reversible (can be placed on either side of the wall spacer) the MWODs can face either inside or outside as desired. Also is true for the straight walls (can face inside or outside).

If you don't mind extra straight walls laying around then buy the MWODs without straight walls and you can replace any 4 inch wall as desired.

Don't forget, you can put CBS solid stone walls in the MWOD to make a solid 4 inch wall (or an arrowslit wall if that is what you need). The texture may be a little different, but hey, walls take damage and get repaired, ritght?

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GattoNero25 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Ok - let´s dream a bit ... what about this Setup ? Missing anything - or something included i don´t really need or I can have with a better deal ? Just dreaming - have to figure out what can be done actually ...

•1 X Citadel - Expertly Hand Painted ($745)
•1 X The Sorcerer's Sanctum - Expertly Hand Painted ($790)
•1 X The Royal Stronghold - Expertly Hand Painted ($2290)

Add-ons
•1 X Citadel/Grand Citadel Inside Wall Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($178)
•2 X Modular Wall of Doom - Expertly Hand Painted ($58)
•1 X Cutout Corner Wall - Expertly Hand Painted ($24)
•1 X Large Tower Breakout for Grand Citadel - Expertly Hand Painted ($66)
•1 X Castle Roof Mega Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($265)
•2 X Stone Bridge Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($58)
•2 X Square Tower Balcony & Bridge Base - Expertly Hand Painted ($76)
•1 X Stone Advanced Builder Set - Expertly Hand Painted ($108)
•1 X Suspended Parapet Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($46)
•2 X Tower Bridge - Expertly Hand Painted ($52)
•1 X Motorized Drawbridge Upgrade - Expertly Hand Painted ($119)
•1 X Small Round Crenellations - Expertly Hand Painted ($35)
•1 X Runic Theme Mega Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($265)
•1 X LED Illuminated Floor - Expertly Hand Painted ($39)
•1 X Erinthor Mountains - Expertly Hand Painted ($450)

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GattoNero25 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:17 pm

@bernyleung - thought the Roof megapack would be a good idea, cause otherwise i would only have one 6 Inch rooftop, as far as i can see. Would cube spacer be enough to use with the MWOD and my KS3 crenellations, or don´t i also Need the plattforms ? So what pack to get to extend the curtain walls ?
Furthermore i thought i could use the parapets ( which i find very cool looking ) with the 4 Inch Towers i can scavence from the RS and the Wizards sanctuary - perhaps you´re right an i have to throw in small round battlements or crenellations .... futher thoughts anyone ?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:20 am

In this configuration here, I'm not sure if you would *need* the Castle Roof Mega pack, as all/most of the towers in your pledge set already have conical roofs, although they combine very nicely with CBS stone buildings to put alternate round or cathedral roofs on. So the Castle Roof pack would be mostly for modularity for pieces you already own.

You have enough solid walls. If you plan to use all of your MWOD on the inside of the castle, then you will have 48" of inner wall to break out. If you have cube spacers, you should be able to scavenge them for another wall that can be topped with a KS3 crenellation piece so you've got some extra modularity there to extend your curtain walls.

I'm not sure what your plan for the parapets are, but if you don't have round crenellations/battlements to go on them or a 4" tower, then they are going to be looking quite plain when attached to your castle or CBS building.

If you're at (or over) the top end of your budget, maybe you can cancel the Roof pack and instead trick out your parapets? Just a thought.

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GattoNero25 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:48 am

Good ideas guys, thx a lot. Only concern so far is that i don´t get Stretch Goals this way and have a lot of Tower pieces, but only few walls - so far it Looks like:

Royal Stronghold x1 - $2290
Sorcerers Sanctum x1 - $790
Castle Roof Mega pack x1 - $265
Stone Bridge Pack x2 - $58
Motorized Drawbridge x1 - $119
Erinthor Mountains x1 - 450

still missing Stretch Goals, Runic Mega pack, LED floors, Parapets, and an advanced builder set, Wall of Doom - so let´s add this:

Royal Stronghold x1 - $2290
Sorcerers Sanctum x1 - $790
Castle Roof Mega pack x1 - $265
Stone Bridge Pack x2 - $58
Motorized Drawbridge x1 - $119
Erinthor Mountains x1 - 450
Runic Mega Pack x1 - $265
LED Floors x1 - $39
Parapet packs x2 - §92
Advanced Builder Set x1 - $108
Wall of Doom x3 - $87

so even more questions:

a) Do i really Need the Walls of Doom ? Have a lot of CBS Stone walls and the piece seems so modular - does it even work with parapets ?

b) Am i missing vital parts for a great set up here ? Am I short on walls ?

c) Do i need more blocks to attach the walls of doom and if what pack should i choose or should i even add a Castle ?

Like the way the discussion is going, but my wallet screams DOOM !!!

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Yes, the large piece-count add-on packs provide much more value for the International Shipper. So if you want it, can use it, and can afford it, go for those add-on packages. Specifically, I would think about the Erinthor Mountains, Necromancer/Runic Theme Mega pack, Castle Roof Mega pack, etc.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Indeed! Yeah, I took it that way. I just wanted to stick up for the decorative window walls. Probably should have simply said that! :D I think that's the cool thing about combining those two sets. That's what I'd do if I had the money. :D