Any word on the "Watchtower Break-in Fix" yet?

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Any word on the "Watchtower Break-in Fix" yet?

Post by geekjeff » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:11 pm

I haven't listen to the entire last livestream and I couldn't keep up with comments the last 2 days of the campaign, so it's entirely possible I missed something.

There was discussion before the tower integration packs were revised about how a Watchtower plus Wall To Tower add-on (now a Tower Transition add-on) didn't actually have enough parts to integrate a Watchtower into a wall. As shown on the campaign page, they still do not.

I know the Watchtower is supposed to be getting one or more quarter-round LED-socketed walls for parity with the Gatehouse LED upgrade from the $1mil stretch goal. We would need two of them to make a Watchtower + Tower Transition work.

Just to illustrate the issue, here's how an integrated tower stack needs to work:

Battlements
Half-round/Half-round
Half-round/TwinDoor/Quarter
Half-round/Quarter/(cutout for castle)
Half-round/Quarter/(cutout for castle)
Ground

Anyways... we either need 2 quarter-round LED walls for this to work, or another quarter-round solid or arrowslit wall in the Watchtower. With just one quarter-round LED, you would have to have a ground-level outside door in every tower, or a door hanging into space (it's a trap!)

Has anyone heard anything? The stated intent for a Tower Transition pack is to allow integration of a free-standing tower and we aren't quite there yet.