What are the KS exclusives this time around?

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: What are the KS exclusives this time around?

Post by geekjeff » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:06 pm

I don't think they entirely plan ahead that anything is going to be Kickstarter exclusive, I think it just happens when something ends up being much more expensive to cast/has a higher miscast rate once it's in the nitty gritty of production (I know this was the case with KS1 freestanding walls) or something just doesn't fit easily into another addon offering (probably KS2 mineshaft walls.)*

So they probably don't really know yet what those pieces will be, if any.

*except of course, the Caverns spiderwebs those were always totally planned as a super limited exclusive. Treasure yours.

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GattoNero25 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Some of us will NEVER pay 250$ to monotheme a whole castle, but would gladly pay 250$+ to get enough nonLED items (including thrones) to theme a room or castle facade in each of the themes!

Word !!! You said it Zenmaster - if there are more themes coming i would gladly pay 250 bucks for the thrones an a few wall items without LEDs ...

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:20 am

There are no KS4 exclusive items that I know off. Unless the stretch goals are? I hope they will become available independently or will always be included in rampart/castle/watchtower/citadel/grand citadel packs.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:23 pm

I was just looking at SGs, not add-ons. I guess the question is what if anything won't be available post KS irrespective of it being a SG. Sorry for my literal interpretation.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:08 pm

There are both stair and elevation block packs.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:10 pm

At least some of the SG (stairs, elevation blocks, etc.), need to be available post-KS unless folks are going to use pogo sticks to get between levels. ;-)
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:43 pm

seraphic wrote: For example, the full Runic theme and Necromancer theme mega add-on packs, clocking in at $225 and $250.

I'd prefer to have an actual castle to use these on when I buy them, and $500 is a lot of castle to lose, especially since I will be buying unpainted (it equals a Citadel +).
The even bigger question about the theme items is whether there will be smaller more affordable packs of the nonLED themed items!

Some of us will NEVER pay 250$ to monotheme a whole castle, but would gladly pay 250$+ to get enough nonLED items (including thrones) to theme a room or castle facade in each of the themes!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:38 pm

I thought that "the plan" was to have everything available in the DF store eventually. At least is what was said in the livestream comments. Of course, they will be at higher price, so technically it is best to get them during the KS. I think that summer pre-sale price would be the same as DF store price - maybe someone who bought during KS3 pre-sale can confirm this.

The big question is about the SG. Usually they are KS exclusive. However, KS3 is selling some of their KS pledge levels in DF store with SG included. KS4 SG as an add-on pack is "under consideration", and at what price I wouldn't know.

Crippler
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Crippler » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:36 pm

I also would like to know,
being my budget is very low this time about,
CC
Chronic: An Illness persisting for a long time or is constantly recurring.
Crippler: Severe limitation on ones lifestyle.

seraphic
Goblin
Goblin

What are the KS exclusives this time around?

Post by seraphic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:23 am

I ask because in planning for the PM and budgeting and so forth, this is a pretty important factor.
For example, the full Runic theme and Necromancer theme mega add-on packs, clocking in at $225 and $250.
If they are KS exclusives, then I pretty much have to get them now; on the other hand if I can skip them right now and pick them up later, that's what I am doing.

I'd prefer to have an actual castle to use these on when I buy them, and $500 is a lot of castle to lose, especially since I will be buying unpainted (it equals a Citadel +).

Does anyone know?
woe be to him that defies the tree,
for he shall be cast out into the world
through the veils of pain and fire