Helping the Undecided

scotbailey
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Helping the Undecided

Post by scotbailey » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:10 pm

ok. I suck. I have procrastinated too long and now I am panicking. The other campaigns were easy--I just bought the highest level, 2x monster packs, plus miscellaneous cool stuff so I had a least two of everything (I am completionist). But that would be crazy this time.

I read enough to know that I know I want to do a painted Double GC build and I want to be able to do all those builds geekjeff showed diagrams for with it. And I definitely want to be able to do both 6" and 4" fortified towers, some parapets, bridges, and thick walls. I want a lot of flexibility to just play with building stuff. Oh, and battlement--lots of battlement. I have a crazy amount of KS-3 stuff to use.

I want to spend around $5k on painted core items. I will probably do another $1.5k on decorations and siege equipment (although that seems like the easy part). Did anyone by chance already do a core build around $5k based around a double GC?

I certainly NOT asking anyone to create something for me (that would make me feel guilty in addition to lazy), but if anyone already has something like that I would love to steal the parts list from you.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:47 pm

AstroCat wrote:Ok done and done! :)

Watchtower - Painted 1 - (reward)
Ramparts - Painted 1 $230.00
Erinthor Mountains - Painted 1 $385.00
Tower Transition Pack - Painted 1 $30.00
Large Tower Roofs Pack - Painted 1 $32.00
Stone Bridge Pack - Painted 2 $48.00
Ruined Large Tower - Painted 1 $30.00
8x8 Floors - Painted 1 $26.00
Cube Spacer Pack - Painted 1 $46.00
LED Illuminated Floor - Painted 2 $58.00
LED Elements Assortment - Painted 1 $48.00
Necromancer Wall Pack - Painted 1 $31.00
Necromancer LED Pack - Painted 1 $72.00
Runic Theme Wall Pack - Painted 1 $30.00
Runic Theme LED Pack - Painted 1 $72.00
The extreme offset doors in the Stone Advanced Builder set are great for adding stone CBS towers to your Ramparts. If you can't pick them up now, they will be worth getting once they hit the store.

I'm assuming that you're getting the Ramparts for the extra SG. It's $67 cheaper to get a Gatehouse and 1 Straight wall pack. So you should ask yourself if the single extra set of SG is worth $67. If they are worth it to you, then great. :) There are some great bits in there that can be used just about anywhere. If you have any desire to craft a bit, it would be very useful to make some some wooden pole stands for all the pole accessories you're getting. As it is, you're going to have a lot more pole accessories than holes to put them in. If you get both sets of SG, you'll have a total of 8 holes (4 on the High Crenelated Corner and 4 wooden pole stands) and 20 pole accessories (8 for each set of stretch goals and 4 from the Necro Wall Pack)
Minor Note: The hanging flat banners are a bit too tall to fit on KS1 walls but they work if put on the wall of a 2-story (or taller) CBS wall. If I'd done them smaller, I don't think they would have looked good on the castle walls.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:21 pm

@Astrocat so, I should point out that you have a Tower Transition for that Watchtower but no Corner Wall or Cutout to attach it to.

Tower Transitions are designed to integrate into a Corner Wall, you can probably fudge it with the straight Ramparts walls you have but its not going to be clean or connect right inside. You should be able to use those parts to attach the Watchtower to a 4x4 CBS stone building too, and the interior would hookup ok and you have nice Crenellation adapters for the top.

Just wanted to make sure you knew what you're getting into with that addon.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:54 am

Ok done and done! :)

Watchtower - Painted 1 - (reward)
Ramparts - Painted 1 $230.00
Erinthor Mountains - Painted 1 $385.00
Tower Transition Pack - Painted 1 $30.00
Large Tower Roofs Pack - Painted 1 $32.00
Stone Bridge Pack - Painted 2 $48.00
Ruined Large Tower - Painted 1 $30.00
8x8 Floors - Painted 1 $26.00
Cube Spacer Pack - Painted 1 $46.00
LED Illuminated Floor - Painted 2 $58.00
LED Elements Assortment - Painted 1 $48.00
Necromancer Wall Pack - Painted 1 $31.00
Necromancer LED Pack - Painted 1 $72.00
Runic Theme Wall Pack - Painted 1 $30.00
Runic Theme LED Pack - Painted 1 $72.00

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:48 am

Yeah we got so much KS1 KS2 and KS3 I wanted to flavor it up. Also, I get a city/castle entrance and stand alone tower/or connected for mini siege scenario.

Yeah a couple bridges is cool and it's funny I almost got the ruin pack, mind as well go for it too, I got the previous KS ruins stuff too. Some other good suggestions too. Thanks, although I'm going north of my budget... of course... it always happens. ;)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:41 am

With all of your KS1, KS2 & KS 3 you might want to consider getting the stuff that enhances those things

Stone Bridges - at $24 these are an AWESOME addition to KS1 and KS3
Tower Bridges - Get one and add style to your Stone Bridges
Cube Spacers - Elevation for dungeons! and they play nice with Stone Bridges
Suspended Parapet & Small Round Crenelations - add bling to your City
Flagstone Floors - for $26 you can elevate two large sections of dungeon (with cbs posts) - no brainer
Lastly think about ruined large tower for $30 - makes your watchtower into a totally different encounter area for a very small investment

If you get 2 Stone Bridges, everything i suggested adds up to just $237. Heck if you lose the cube spacers & the parapets/crenelations you are at just $125

Think about it:
2 Stone Bridges, Tower Bridge, 2 8x8 floors & Tower Ruins all for $125!!! That is a lot of playability and versatility for a small investment.

What about losing the two LED theme packs for the Castle Assortment? that would free up over $50 (two stone bridges!) There is also the option of sacrificing the stretch goals and buying the Ramparts as components to free up some more funds.

It really comes down to what you want. I am proposing what i want, but it seems like you want a ton of flavor pieces. If that is what makes you happy, then that should be what you get. I tweaked my pledge one way and the other until suddenly i was at peace... that was when i knew i had made the right choices!

HAve FUN!

PS - Don't forget the Stone Bridges ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:56 am

Looks like I'll have to let the thrones go for now, maybe they'll be out for sale later, or I can probably find alts around. They are cool though.

I think adding the LED Elements Assortment makes sense but I already have some of the LED Castle Assortment stuff from KS3, I think I will just miss out on the Valorian Spire.

Watchtower - Painted x1 $260.00
Ramparts - Painted x1 $230.00
Erinthor Mountains - Painted x1 385.00
Tower Transition Pack - Painted x1 $30.00
Large Tower Roofs Pack - Painted x1 $32.00
Stone Bridge Pack - Painted x1 $24.00
LED Illuminated Floor - Painted x2 $29.00
LED Elements Assortment - Painted x1 $48.00
Necromancer Wall Pack - Painted x1 $31.00
Necromancer LED Pack - Painted x1 $72.00
Runic Theme Wall Pack - Painted x1 $30.00
Runic Theme LED Pack - Painted x1 $72.00

Considering these 2 but they really are optional:
Stone Advanced Builder Set - Painted x1 $83.00
8x8 Floors - Painted x1 $26.00

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:25 am

Unfortunately, those two thrones will cost you $475 (painted) in Megapack addons at the moment. Granted, you get a ton of other stuff with them but it's a steep price of admission... It's a tough buy unless you're going for a huge pledge. Maybe they'll be available in a pack later, but no guarantees.

Have you considered the LED Castle Assortment and LED Elements Assortment + a LED Posts pack or 2 versus the Runic and Necro LED packs? Gets you 5 of the Spire pieces and lots more variety, at a slightly higher cost. Has two of the Necro Claw braziers, only one of the Wizard Spire though.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:28 am

How about this:

Watchtower - Painted x1 $260.00
Ramparts - Painted x1 $230.00
Erinthor Mountains - Painted x1 385.00
Tower Transition Pack - Painted x1 $30.00
Large Tower Roofs Pack - Painted x1 $32.00
LED Illuminated Floor - Painted x2 $29.00
LED Elements Assortment - Painted x1 $48.00
Necromancer Wall Pack - Painted x1 $31.00
Necromancer LED Pack - Painted x1 $72.00
Runic Theme Wall Pack - Painted x1 $30.00
Runic Theme LED Pack - Painted x1 $72.00

I really would like the thrones... hmm, how to get those?

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:25 am

Yeah I see what you are saying. Well I don't really need the Count's castle either... hmm. We will use the Ramparts and Tower as locations/encounter areas not so much a full castle. I was thinking those accessory packs would be cool with the other KS's in dungeons and stuff but yeah it might be too much stuff.

I really want those thrones though, prefect for dungeons and stuff... any other way to get them?

Return to “Kickstarter 4 - Castles”