small tower battlements counts castle

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: small tower battlements counts castle

Post by geekjeff » Thu May 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Yes, Battlents overhang is about an inch so they should be clear of Gatehouse Crenellations, but it'll be tight. They would probably overlap with Gatehouse Battlements.

Clearly, the best solution is to just add a Straight Wall pack, Ramparts Inside Walls and Ramparts Crenellations to make your courtyard twice as wide! Plenty of room then. :D

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:23 pm

OK, thanks. I may have to go back to the drawing board on my pledge. again. :)

Maybe they'll look better at the back...
StevenO wrote:I'm thinking they are going to look weirdly close together but the probably will avoid bumping.

There should be 4" of space between the center of the tower and the wall of the gatehouse. Now 2" of that is normally eaten by the tower itself which leaves you 2" of space as represented by the single crenellations piece between the two. I'm not sure if battlements stick out a full inch beyond their edge bue as long is at or under 1" the two could fit; you're probably going to have less than an inch of space between them however which is why I say they'll look weirdly close.

StevenO
Goblin
Goblin

Post by StevenO » Thu May 26, 2016 12:34 pm

I'm thinking they are going to look weirdly close together but the probably will avoid bumping.

There should be 4" of space between the center of the tower and the wall of the gatehouse. Now 2" of that is normally eaten by the tower itself which leaves you 2" of space as represented by the single crenellations piece between the two. I'm not sure if battlements stick out a full inch beyond their edge bue as long is at or under 1" the two could fit; you're probably going to have less than an inch of space between them however which is why I say they'll look weirdly close.

period3
Orc
Orc

small tower battlements counts castle

Post by period3 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:14 am

I like the look of the small tower battlements and was going to get some for the front towers of the count's castle (with extra tower sections to make them 4 high instead of 3 high). I also have a drawbridge topped with crenellations.

Is there enough space to install battlements on the small towers and a drawbridge, or would they bump against each other or look weirdly close together? I haven't found where they specify the diameter of a small tower with battlements (is it 6"?)

Thanks!