DFKS4 - Official Teaser

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DFKS4 - Official Teaser

Post by William » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:19 pm

I really like the stonework on the round tower in the picture, it appears to mimic the original resin stone althought the crenelations look to be cut stones like the battlements in KS3. Will the overhangs have some holes in the floor with channels to pour boiling oil and such over the attackers below?

I hope the round tower walls themselves (without the tops) can be used for larger round rooms in dungeon layouts without to much difference in floor and wall height or wall thickness.

I pledged the Medieval Mayhem KS with the M.P. & The Holy Grail minis and I can't wait to do a shoot of the foolish French soldiers on the wall. These will be so ccol. :o 8-)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jcgjcg
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jcgjcg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:05 pm

That tower looks like a LOT of dwarvenite... What I see is:

Code: Select all

$ $ $ $ $
$$$$$$$$$
  $$$$$
  $$$$$
  $$$$$

:)

Honestly as much as I'd like a castle to play with, I'm not sure how worthwhile it will be for RPG usage. Any beans on whether there will be expansion sets for dungeon/caverns/city/sewer as well.

Steven Carroll
Orc
Orc

Post by Steven Carroll » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Cannot wait for this!

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

JasonYoung wrote:Stefan just posted March 6 facebook attached to the same photo... beans...
Well adding what he said helps as well. :D
Stefan on facebook wrote:A huge bean fell out of my pocket!
That's me and Mr. C on the Battlements!
KS4 does indeed include round MODULAR towers and a host of other Castle dressings! Save your peanuts for March 6th Assault!

JasonYoung
Orc
Orc

Post by JasonYoung » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Stefan just posted March 6 facebook attached to the same photo... beans...

Jonathan
Orc
Orc

Post by Jonathan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:13 pm

dice4hire wrote:Overall, BIG, very big.
I love it.

It could just be a trick of the light, but it looks like there's some sort of sun-face sculpt to the left of the left-most arrowslit that is visible.

The top piece does appear to have a seam toward the left, so it's possible the top bits come in two sections.

The support structures holding up the crenellated wall are beautiful.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:02 pm

To be honest, while I'm SUPER excited about this KS, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the goodies, this particular tower isn't what I'm most eager to see. Yeah, it looks nice. But I already sold off my Mage Knight castle tower and my GW Witchfate Tor, both of which also looked awesome and were impressive, detailed round castle towers. I loved them. But I made a strategic decision to sell them off to make room for, well, more DF. It wouldn't make sense for me to go gaga over something that's essentially just a replacement for a thing I already had.

I'm hoping to see, in addition to KS3-themed add-ons, stuff like conical roofs for round towers, arches, magnificent gate houses, etc. And other stuff I haven't even dreamed of.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm excited. And this picture is AWESOME and has me very excited for KS4. But this really is a teaser -- it whets the appetite without yet showing the stuff I REALLY wanna see.

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm

While I suspect my pledge will be quite small, I am very excited for all of you who want castle. I agree, this picture looks great.

Nice tease photo for sure.

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm

The teaser looks good. But this really hurts me. With KS3 items just about to hit the store, having the next kickstarter begins so shortly after that, splits my money quite a bit.

I'll really have to think hard about this kickstarter.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:48 pm

BTW, a good idea to make a whole new sub-forum for KSIV stuff.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria