DFKS4 - Official Teaser

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DFKS4 - Official Teaser

Post by dice4hire » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Starting on a Sunday is probably a good idea, though it will be Monday for me, of course. Hope it starts early.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Now we just need to know what time it starts, but I'm sure we're a few weeks away from that.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:37 pm

I'm thinking that is a Gremlin. Someone fed Gizmo after midnight....
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:33 pm

This ain't your momma's tiny resin wizard tower.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Hmm, my post disappeared ....

Looking at the tower I am thinking the lower part is 6 inches in diameter and the top is 8 inches or so, so pretty large. The nice thing is the curved pieces seem to be working well, which would be a real challenge when doing different diameters.

Overall, BIG, very big.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Law wrote:So -- let's deconstruct. I see at least one vertical seam, indicating that this tower is comprised of several wall pieces (that is, to complete one circle -- regardless of height, which is also undoubtedly modular). That would increase versatility - you could build a 3/4 tower connected to a building or a free-standing complete tower. You're not always forced to do a complete circle. But it would also be a bit more of a pain, since you'd have to assemble it rather than just plunk it on the table. Also, again, we're really pushing the envelope -- this stuff can't warp at ALL, or it just won't work.
The windows are each 1/8 of the circumference away from the seem, so it looks to me like each piece is a quarter circle with a centred window. Based on scale, I'd also guess that each tower piece has a 4" radius - 8" diameter for a completed tower.

I also don't see any KS3-style posts. Each quarter tower piece would be too big to create in a single piece, so I'd guess that either the floor and walls would be attached in the factory (like Bridge of Valor), or the walls would attach into the floor with pegs.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm hoping to go in light on the next Kickstarter, but that photo is not helping my plans.

I don't think I need much Castle stuff, yet I already know that by the time March 6th arrives Nate and Stefan's wizardry will have me convinced that I desperately need a lot of this new set.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Law wrote:So -- let's deconstruct. I see at least one vertical seam, indicating that this tower is comprised of several wall pieces (that is, to complete one circle -- regardless of height, which is also undoubtedly modular). That would increase versatility - you could build a 3/4 tower connected to a building or a free-standing complete tower. You're not always forced to do a complete circle. But it would also be a bit more of a pain, since you'd have to assemble it rather than just plunk it on the table. Also, again, we're really pushing the envelope -- this stuff can't warp at ALL, or it just won't work.

I see the arrow slits in the large crenellations, and I see a new mini. Also some kind of siege weapon at the top? Or a cocker spaniel? A hawk? When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw, but here, I got nothing.

There's clearly a light inside the tower, but that may not be included. (I doubt the fog is, too, just to be clear. ;) )
Animesensei has it right - it's the minis of Stefan and his dog that were made for the stop-motion animation in the Dwarvenaut documentary....
... but yeah, sure - let's go with hawk. :-P
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:06 pm

So -- let's deconstruct. I see at least one vertical seam, indicating that this tower is comprised of several wall pieces (that is, to complete one circle -- regardless of height, which is also undoubtedly modular). That would increase versatility - you could build a 3/4 tower connected to a building or a free-standing complete tower. You're not always forced to do a complete circle. But it would also be a bit more of a pain, since you'd have to assemble it rather than just plunk it on the table. Also, again, we're really pushing the envelope -- this stuff can't warp at ALL, or it just won't work.

I see the arrow slits in the large crenellations, and I see a new mini. Also some kind of siege weapon at the top? Or a cocker spaniel? A hawk? When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw, but here, I got nothing.

There's clearly a light inside the tower, but that may not be included. (I doubt the fog is, too, just to be clear. ;) )

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm fairly sure I won't be getting any castle stuff (budget + overall usefulness to my gaming needs), but I gotta admit, that tower looks amazingly cool. I really like the design.