Canadians Backing (or hoping to) KS4

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Canadians Backing (or hoping to) KS4

Post by whyteshark » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Any Alberta buyers who would be interested in sharing S&H?
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Re: Canadians Backing (of hoping to) KS4

Post by NinjaMeesta » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 am

Jonathan wrote:I'm in Maine and plan to participate in KS4, although it's still a heck of a drive here from Halifax. Looks like about eight or nine hours, so you'd be doing a 17 hour round trip. You might be better off taking a boat. :P
Hahaha, in my part of the world, don't count a boat out of the equation! ;)
Yeah we're about a 7 hour drive from the border. (I'm not going to entertain the "Fail Ferry")

galahad wrote:Ninjameesta, I am in Fredericton & have had the last 3 Kickstarters sent to one of the package receiving places on the Maine/New Brunswick border. I plan on doing the same thing this time.
Galahad, we were considering this last time as well, but didn't get around to it. I'd like to hear about the company you went with. :) (there's many options!)

Thanks folks! KS4, here we come!

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:07 pm

xombified wrote:I wish they would have held off on this ks at least a year. I couldn't even get everything I wanted last time - and now with our dollar making it 1.5x the cost - it's going to be way too high to justify with the exhange even if we could somehow save on shipping.
Yeah. The Can-US exchange is rough now. I remember our dollar was at par for KS1!

I like having one KS per year (I'd even be OK with 2) - my wish is simply for a smaller scope on them. Something simple with only 5-10 add-ons. Maybe DF will take it easy on us with KS5 so we can catch up.

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:02 pm

xombified wrote:I wish they would have held off on this ks at least a year. I couldn't even get everything I wanted last time - and now with our dollar making it 1.5x the cost - it's going to be way too high to justify with the exhange even if we could somehow save on shipping.
While I agree, I have a feeling we are in the minority here. Many folks are quite ready to pledge another grand or two for the castles. :D

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:34 am

xombified wrote:now with our dollar making it 1.5x the cost - it's going to be way too high to justify with the exhange even if we could somehow save on shipping.
I feel the same way every time I want to buy minis from England.

xombified
Kobold
Kobold

Post by xombified » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:25 am

I wish they would have held off on this ks at least a year. I couldn't even get everything I wanted last time - and now with our dollar making it 1.5x the cost - it's going to be way too high to justify with the exhange even if we could somehow save on shipping.

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Ninjameesta, I am in Fredericton & have had the last 3 Kickstarters sent to one of the package receiving places on the Maine/New Brunswick border.

I plan on doing the same thing this time.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Biowizard - brilliant in every way!
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:38 pm

biowizard wrote:Every time, I paid absolutely no taxes whatsoever. I made sure to time my stay in the US for a whole 48 hours as a romantic getaway with my wife and on our way back I picked up the goodies. For 48 and more hours more stayed in the US, Canadians are allowed to bring back duty free $800 worth of purchases per person tax exempt.
Thou art a wise man Sir.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:31 am

Now that sounds like a good plan on many different levels.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria