Canadians Backing (or hoping to) KS4

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Canadians Backing (of hoping to) KS4

Post by whyteshark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:58 pm

@Baitsauce - I have family in GP so I could easily arrange a 'visit' the weekend after our goods arrived to save us on S&H.

I know there are a few other guys in Alberta.

With paying pretty much 40% more than the US, saving on S&H makes this a big KS4 order a bit easier to swallow.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:46 pm

I've done a combined order with friends from Ottawa for the past 3 Kickstarters. I got 3 sets from each, but my total order was 10 sets for KS1 and 5 sets from KS2 and KS3. I've also split some add-ons that I partially wanted in each KS (Door Pack in KS3). I drive down to pick up the order at the border to save us all further money.

Unfortunately, my Ottawa friends are all out for KS4, so it will be just me getting less discounts.

I've noted down some other DF backers from Ottawa, but I figure: Why would these people want to entrust hundreds of dollars to a stranger for a split order just to save a bit of money?

DrGilgamesh
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DrGilgamesh » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:59 pm

As a Canadian living in the U.S., I would be pleased to help out my countrymen in this enterprise if it comes together (although I do live about 6 hrs from the border). I remember growing up in the 80's when the dollar was down, as I gather it is again. If this plan turns out to be acceptable to all involved, I would be happy to assist.

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Anime is correct, biowizard organized a combined order of an Empire pledge, for 4 folks split in tenths. (it came to about $92 each). Only one had to drive 400 miles to pick up the order. Unfortunately for me, I'm a 12 hour drive from Montreal, so there was no way for me to be able to go pick things up, otherwise I would've joined them.
I also don't know of any other Maritimers ordering. Otherwise we could have something shipped to Maine, and bob's your uncle. But Canucks have done this, it's a great idea. (especially with the dollar value hit)

BaitSauce
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaitSauce » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 pm

I think my shipping for everything I got on ks3 was just under 600(us). I'd love to have a better shipping option, I saw a few people on the last one in the Edmonton/Calgary area did combined shipping, not sure how it turned out for them though. I might be interested this time around to do a combined order.

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:26 am

I realize that this won't help us in the dollar value end of things, but will save us on S&H if we can split it. I would be willing to drive 6hrs to pick up my stuff, or have it shipped locally, or even have a friend or family member who is travelling stop by and pick it up. You could always meet halfway too.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:11 am

I think Biowizard did this at least for KS1 and KS2 with other members.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Canadians Backing (or hoping to) KS4

Post by whyteshark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 am

Since we Canadians are going to get a crap kicking from our dollar value for this upcoming KS4, I was thinking that we could potentially ask Dwarven Forge if we could combine orders and have them shipped to fewer locations. Is this a stupid idea?

I was thinking that we still pledge X dollars, but maybe locally connect with other supporters and have the items shipped to one location (to save us on S&H). I am not sure if this is a) doable, or b) realistic. It also depends on the honesty of our fellow collectors/players too. I would be willing to connect with another couple of pledgers and have them delivered to Calgary, etc. (I am in Edmonton = 3 hrs away).

Personally, I do not want to miss out on this KS. I see these purchases as items that I will use for a lifetime. However, the cost is still astronomical because of our dollar value (40% more). We can still hope that before we get the Funds bill for KS4 that the dollar will jump back up again (even if briefly). Your thoughts?

Note: I hope this thread is okay here. If not, I am really sorry.
Last edited by whyteshark on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.