DFKS4 - Official Teaser #2

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DFKS4 - Official Teaser #2

Post by Law » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Drawbridge? With working chains? Why, I'm not sure even DF could pull something like THAT off!

OH WAIT.
Attachments
064.jpg
064.jpg (435.59 KiB) Viewed 6089 times

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Everyone is a-okay thank goodness, but the wife wrecked the car. I will not be able to spend as much as I wanted! Gah. I think I will be able to get into this one at least, hopefully at the level for stretch goals at the minimum. The costs are eating up half my tax return. I'm beginning to think I should have been a mechanic.

So many goodies hinted at throughout. A gate and drawbridge system teased by Stefan. Modular with chains, portcullis, etc. My, oh my, I need to try to stack up a flurry of odd jobs.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:17 pm

mdauck wrote:I'm now working on a new personal loan.. This stuff is going to be absolutely awesome.
I might need to now sell my two Mighty Fortress sets to build capitol. Might even have to part on other castles.... arg.... Steven you're cruel in so many gaming ways. Make a saving throw!
When the GW plastic Mighty Fortress came out I bought up a lot of expanded foam versions from my friends. I will need 81 of the New Wall sections to replace them.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

mdauck
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mdauck » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm now working on a new personal loan.. This stuff is going to be absolutely awesome.
I might need to now sell my two Mighty Fortress sets to build capitol. Might even have to part on other castles.... arg.... Steven you're cruel in so many gaming ways. Make a saving throw!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Smogma wrote:
lostpict wrote: Stefan has also mentioned Gatehouse:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7097&p=92406&hilit ... use#p92406

But it could be based on round towers...
"the gatehouse will be as modular as we can manage it:) It will have massive doors, portcullis, and Drawbridge with chains:)" - Stefan
GriffinTamer wrote:Glad to see the pot boiling here! Lots of great stuff on the way!
Just this morning I sent a package to Valoria (DF headquarters) with a bunch of KS stuff I've been working on at my home studio. I think y'all are going to love it!
There a rather cool GATEHOUSE, two versions of MASSIVE DOORs, and even a DRAWBRIDGE with WORKing CHAINSs! Also a ____________ that fits on top of the __________, and a ________ _________ for when you're staging ________s. Among other things…
:lol: :twisted:
* Keep in mind, Griffin Tamer does "large doors". Maybe the two versions of large doors are like:
Oh I hope there are broken doors like that, as I'm the one that mentioned it to Elye for his Kickstarter. They are my baby. :) (Or someone else's baby that I claim as my own. That's not illegal, right?)
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:19 pm

lostpict wrote:how about, "Also a hoarding that fits on top of the gatehouse and a battering ram for when you are staging sieges."?
I think it's definitely either:

a) a Battering Ram or
b) a Siege Engine (Trebuchet, Catapult, etc.)

for staging sieges.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:09 pm

how about, "Also a hoarding that fits on top of the gatehouse and a battering ram for when you are staging sieges."?
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:54 pm

lostpict wrote: Stefan has also mentioned Gatehouse:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7097&p=92406&hilit ... use#p92406

But it could be based on round towers...
"the gatehouse will be as modular as we can manage it:) It will have massive doors, portcullis, and Drawbridge with chains:)" - Stefan
GriffinTamer wrote:Glad to see the pot boiling here! Lots of great stuff on the way!
Just this morning I sent a package to Valoria (DF headquarters) with a bunch of KS stuff I've been working on at my home studio. I think y'all are going to love it!
There a rather cool GATEHOUSE, two versions of MASSIVE DOORs, and even a DRAWBRIDGE with WORKing CHAINSs! Also a ____________ that fits on top of the __________, and a ________ _________ for when you're staging ________s. Among other things…
:lol: :twisted:
* Keep in mind, Griffin Tamer does "large doors". Maybe the two versions of large doors are like:
Last edited by Smogma on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Nikdo wrote:Well, the city has sewers. Any good castle should have catacombs...
That's a good point... We'll have to keep that one in mind (that's going down on my list)...
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Well, the city has sewers. Any good castle should have catacombs...
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter News”